Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=972037)

UFCMPunk 07-03-2020 11:22 PM

WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread

Anyone watch SD Live? I haven't watched it on my DVR yet but heard John Morrison vs Matt Riddle was a great match. I assume AJ Styles & Drew Gulak had a great match but other than that, anything else noteworthy?

UFCMPunk 07-05-2020 06:07 PM

Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread

Asuka vs Bayley is set for RAW tomorrow night.

Majingir 07-06-2020 09:30 AM

Wwe announced there will be a new US Championship revealed tonight.

Outside of the WWE logo(and Cenas spinner), the title hasn't changed designs since WWE got the title.

Hopefully it ends up being a good design and not tag title or 247 style.

reyes the roof 07-06-2020 10:59 AM

I’d love to see the WCW version brought back, that’s up there with the winged eagle for my favorite belt. The late 80s NWA version was a nice looking belt too

Majingir 07-06-2020 11:53 AM

My guess is they make it similar to the old universal title. Red strap, but behind the WWE logo is the flag.

UFCMPunk 07-06-2020 08:33 PM

Great Promo from
Spoiler
there, yeah we all knew where it was going but damn. I want that Triple Threat Match even more than I did the Shield Triple Threat.

J_Posse 07-06-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCMPunk (Post 2050142184)
Great Promo from
Spoiler
there, yeah we all knew where it was going but damn. I want that Triple Threat Match even more than I did the Shield Triple Threat.

Damn, I missed the beginning of RAW. What did Slater say exactly & was it to further build Drew vs. Dolph?

It is a shame that Vince had two charismatic, talented babyfaces in Bayley & Kairi Sane but botched both on the main roster. I enjoyed both as heels since it allowed them more leeway character wise, yet I feel they could have done so much more as major faces.

Spoiler

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

chronoxiong 07-07-2020 04:52 AM

Man that promo by Heath Slater to open RAW was some good stuff. Very emotional and I feel bad for him. And the company even acknowledge that he has been fired during the pandemic releases. That wasn't even a match against Drew either. I get why this segment happened and it was nice to see Drew save Heath after Ziggler decided to attack Heath for losing the "match." Nice to see Kairi Sane back too. Her match against Sasha Banks was good too and I liked the DQ finish.

Remember when Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins feuded with each other at WM? Well the Kevin Owens Show segment reminded us of that. Great promo work from both guys with Seth continuing to be awesome as the Messiah. The following tag team match was fine too. Misterio and Owens win so Misterio gets to make the stipulation for his match against Rollins. The new US Title design is fine with me too. I dont hate it too much. Looks good in a certain way. MVP/Lashley beating that bland tag team Ricochet/Alexander, I saw that coming. Randy Orton "leading" Zelina's stable during that tag team match was interesting. And it lead to them getting a win over Big Show and Viking Raiders. Orton has been awesome lately and it continued here. Ruby Riott continues jobbing to the IIconics but I think this is leading to a reunion with Liv Morgan so its fine. Lastly, nice main event match between Asuka/Bayley. Nikki Cross was hilarious with her shenanigans, Banks and Kairi played their part leading up to the finish of the match. Decent show overall this week.