Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   This years effect on Face scans (/forums/showthread.php?t=972295)

lemarflacco 07-11-2020 06:23 PM

This years effect on Face scans

Just wanted to touch in how this year will will effect face scans for next years games.

Listening to different fantasy podcasts things like the taxi squad , 60 man rosters, and players out due to covid will have a ton of minor league players debuting that wouldnt have normally.

Do you guys think this will result in like next year having tons of minor league players being face scanned? Or do you guys think Sony has all these scans on deck and will give them to us this year when the players debut?

Also do you think players like Buster Posey who have opted out of this season will not have scans in next year? For sone reason i seem to remember players who didnt play the previous year not having face scans in next years game.

Caulfield 07-11-2020 06:38 PM

Re: This years effect on Face scans

I'll answer the second part first: I dont think most players get scanned every year so I assume Posey will still have a scan in 21.

secondly, I think they only do new scans for new players during spring training?
nextly, I also believe there will be far fewer than the 1410 players who played during the 2019 season because of the season being a third of what it normally is, even with more and more established players opting out of the '20 season.

lastly, I still tend to believe the rest of the season is cancelled before one pitch is thrown in October. maybe even September

Subway_sub 07-11-2020 08:28 PM

Lol we probably won't get anything related to the modified season tbh

Caulfield 07-11-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subway_sub (Post 2050146547)
Lol we probably won't get anything related to the modified season tbh

I'm not concerned about scans in 21 myself but I'm hoping attribute ratings for 21 aren't based heavily on a 60 game tournament. I refuse to call 60 games a 'season'

Subway_sub 07-11-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050146620)
I'm not concerned about scans in 21 myself but I'm hoping attribute ratings for 21 aren't based heavily on a 60 game tournament. I refuse to call 60 games a 'season'

That's a good point, I had never thought of that. Probably not a good indication that they made Tatis Jr. & Alvarez 80+ overall after 80 games this past year.

Lisac 07-11-2020 11:10 PM

When this game reaches PS5 they need some serious rescanning of faces-

If not I hope they give the chance to edit any player

Nothing is more annoying the having same scan of a player in the last 3yrs (Randal Grichuk and others) and than creating a new version and not having their name in the vault.

lemarflacco 07-12-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subway_sub (Post 2050146664)
That's a good point, I had never thought of that. Probably not a good indication that they made Tatis Jr. & Alvarez 80+ overall after 80 games this past year.

I think you're choosing bad examples to try and prove your point. Tatis and Alvarez both warrant 80+ ratings. Both played longer than half a season and hit over .300 and over 20 HR's. Not to mention these aren't like journeyman who just had a magical 80 game stretch after previously proving they are no good players. These are young players with plenty of potential, especially Tatis.

Caulfield 07-12-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemarflacco (Post 2050147061)
I think you're choosing bad examples to try and prove your point. Tatis and Alvarez both warrant 80+ ratings. Both played longer than half a season and hit over .300 and over 20 HR's. Not to mention these aren't like journeyman who just had a magical 80 game stretch after previously proving they are no good players. These are young players with plenty of potential, especially Tatis.

Tatis is rated pretty fair, I would drop his durability by 15-20 points though