Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Damage System Improved (/forums/showthread.php?t=972296)

ab541 07-11-2020 06:48 PM

Damage System Improved

I recall seeing a tweet from GPD today saying that the damage system has been improved but does anyone know what that could actually entail. I mean I'm very impressed with the trailer in terms of clinch/grappling (especially clinch) but a big thing missing seems to be something I have advocated for long time, which is the facial cuts/visual damage on fiighters faces.

With a backyard arena it would make even more sense now especially, so really praying that we get a damage/swelling system similar to the FN/Undisputed series. Not having randomized facial damage like EA UFC 3 would be amazing as its an area severely lagging behind when you look at the other combat sports simulators of the past.

I guess it's potential inclusion also impacts doctors stoppages as well. Obviously If it's the same as EA UFC 3 then this would be impossible. What do you guys think?

GameplayDevUFC 07-11-2020 08:02 PM

Re: Damage System Improved

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab541 (Post 2050146429)
I recall seeing a tweet from GPD today saying that the damage system has been improved but does anyone know what that could actually entail. I mean I'm very impressed with the trailer in terms of clinch/grappling (especially clinch) but a big thing missing seems to be something I have advocated for long time, which is the facial cuts/visual damage on fiighters faces.

With a backyard arena it would make even more sense now especially, so really praying that we get a damage/swelling system similar to the FN/Undisputed series. Not having randomized facial damage like EA UFC 3 would be amazing as its an area severely lagging behind when you look at the other combat sports simulators of the past.

I guess it's potential inclusion also impacts doctors stoppages as well. Obviously If it's the same as EA UFC 3 then this would be impossible. What do you guys think?

It was less in reference to cuts and stuff, and more to the actual damage, recovery and health event tuning.

Think about the kinds of things people complained about in UFC 3 like getting 10 rocks or knockdowns in a fight.

Jizamurai 07-11-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2050146530)
It was less in reference to cuts and stuff, and more to the actual damage, recovery and health event tuning.

Think about the kinds of things people complained about in UFC 3 like getting 10 rocks or knockdowns in a fight.

Can a one shot someone without rocking them [emoji102]?

GameplayDevUFC 07-11-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jizamurai (Post 2050146532)
Can a one shot someone without rocking them [emoji102]?

Yeah, but you could in UFC 3 too.

I think it's got a chance at being tuned much better in UFC 4.

RollTideRoll0929 07-11-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2050146537)

This day just keeps getting better!!😁 Got an awesome fight card on right now, got a trailer and a ton of info.......think the beta release is the only thing that could top this!

Jizamurai 07-11-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

That sounds great [emoji1360] thank u for the reply

MysticJack541 07-11-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Don't know if you can answer this, but is there a big difference in power depending on weight class? For example will I feel fairly safe in exchanges using Frankie Edgar VS Cub Swanson? Will I feel like a punch away from a coma if I'm Ngannou fighting a Derrick Lewis?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app

tomitomitomi 07-11-2020 08:25 PM

I'd love to see different knockdowns have different effects so a flash knockdown from a 1-2 isn't as devastating as a big overhand. I'm also hopeful that ground strikes can rock.