Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Super Mega Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=686)
-   -   Base Running (/forums/showthread.php?t=972303)

NY State of Mind 07-12-2020 02:16 AM

Base Running

Is there a way for your lead baserunner to run home without the other player running to second base causing an out and ruining your score?

JayhawkerStL 07-12-2020 02:27 PM

Re: Base Running

Yes.

Use the RS to point toward the runner you want to move. Then press down on the D-pad. After doing that, you can point back to first and then send that runner if you think the throw will go through and you can make it.

I use the D-pad for individual runners most of the time. After a hit in the gap, I will use the LB to get everyone moving, then point and take over the lead or trailing runners depending on the situation.

NY State of Mind 07-12-2020 11:12 PM

Thank you for the helpful explanation, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar.

Blzer 07-15-2020 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL (Post 2050147155)
Yes.

Use the RS to point toward the runner you want to move. Then press down on the D-pad. After doing that, you can point back to first and then send that runner if you think the throw will go through and you can make it.

I use the D-pad for individual runners most of the time. After a hit in the gap, I will use the LB to get everyone moving, then point and take over the lead or trailing runners depending on the situation.

Funny how two people can play the game so differently to accomplish the same thing.

I use the left stick instead of the right stick (didn't know you could use the right stick, since I'm using that to potentially swing even if a pickoff is in motion), and I use the face buttons to send an individual runner instead of the D-pad.

On that note, you can also use L2/left trigger to only advance your lead runner. This is a new feature to SMB 3. Pressing R2/right trigger can retreat your trailing runner as well.

JayhawkerStL 07-15-2020 10:38 AM

Honestly, I’m probably using the LS, but messed up when thinking out how I do it instead of booting the game up. But I’m all-in on the D-pad.

I also never use the RS to swing. I use the buttons for both contact and power swings. I’m surprised at how well the check swing works by just releasing the button before completing your swing.

Despite using the RS to hit in 2K baseball, I cannot get the timing down in SMB3.

RonnieDubs78 07-15-2020 11:06 PM

This games mechanics are so much better than The Show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Furalim 03-28-2021 08:07 AM

Thank you for the helpful explanation