Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Don't be Distracted by EA UFC 4's Marketing (/forums/showthread.php?t=972339)

Pedro_Guap 07-12-2020 05:47 PM

Don't be Distracted by EA UFC 4's Marketing

I am concerned with the backyard fighting (who was asking for that?), Mortal Kombatish fight setting, and CAF in ranked features.

My guess is that these things have been implemented in an attempt to capture a larger audience. Fine. But we need to have some fundamental questions answered:

- Have the online connection issues been addressed? If so, how?

- How have cheese/exploit been addressed?

- How are disconnects being addressed? Currently, people are fine disconnecting to give the person winning as few ranking points possible. Will suspensions be issued for constantly quitting?

- What is the ranking point system? The current system is not transparent. We don't know why we are getting the points earned for winning fights.

- Has the tutorial been enhanced? UFC 3 relies on a system of controls or processes that are poorly explained or simply not explained at all.

- How frequently will updates occur?

Please , don't be Distracted by things like boxing characters (btw what happened to that "announcement" that was supposed to follow the release of Bishop and Freeze?) and things that don't directly impact the performance of the game itself. Let's get some answers.

UFCBlackbelt 07-12-2020 07:29 PM

Re: Don't be Distracted by EA UFC 4's Marketing

I mean I imagine the cost of creating the assets for the kobra kai stadium, custom outfits, possible character designs cost money, which probably comes from a limited budget of time and cost that detracts from other avenues of potential gameplay improvement. For example, no Calvin Kattar but we have Tyson Fury? That personally annoys me but I understand the marketing logic.

I personally believe that UT in EA UFC 3 was a massive waste and may have part to do with the lackluster career mode

But yes, we don’t have enough information to hold any opinions yet

aholbert32 07-12-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt (Post 2050147425)
I mean I imagine the cost of creating the assets for the kobra kai stadium, custom outfits, possible character designs cost money, which probably comes from a limited budget of time and cost that detracts from other avenues of potential gameplay improvement. For example, no Calvin Kattar but we have Tyson Fury? That personally annoys me but I understand the marketing logic.

I personally believe that UT in EA UFC 3 was a massive waste and may have part to do with the lackluster career mode

But yes, we don’t have enough information to hold any opinions yet

Not time but costs.The people who create things like the arenas arent the same devs that work on gameplay so its not a time thing.

Costs? Likely. I'd imagine that spending budget on art resources like the Kumite arena took away from adding things like a seated cage position.

EA would probably argue that the people they are targeting with this game dont give a **** or know what a seated cage position is and that the Kumite arena is likely to draw more potential buyers than a new grappling position.

Good Grappler 07-12-2020 09:44 PM

A lot of those questions are pretty impossible to answer.

“How has cheese/exploits been addressed?”

I mean that’s about as subjective, nonspecific, and unanswerable of a question as you can ask on here. What cheese/exploits existed on UFC 3 in your subjective opinion?

By “cheese”, do you just mean “tactics that I struggled with and it made me mad, so I decided to label it ‘cheese’”? Or are you referring to actual exploits in which there was no viable counter, or strategic means to avoid it? Because there were very few TRUE exploits on UFC 3.

And “did you fix the connection issues?”

Again, a completely unanswerable question. I had absolutely zero connection issues. As did many players who streamed regularly. So long as there was 4 or 5 bar connection, the match was seamless. If the connection is less bars than that, just back out. That isn’t EA’s problem, it’s you or your opponent’s internet.

Are you referring to the server disconnects? That happens sometimes. Very rarely, but it happens.

Again, questions like these are not the “real” questions.

A VERY “real” question right now is, why the heck are CAFs allowed in ranked, and why the heck can’t we choose what weight we fight at. Those are game breaking questions.

Questions about “is cheese gone” are basically the same as asking “When I lost matches on the last game, it didn’t go exactly the way I envisioned it should. Therefore it made me mad and I consider those players cheaters. Will this happen again on UFC 4?”

UFCBlackbelt 07-13-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2050147437)
Not time but costs.The people who create things like the arenas arent the same devs that work on gameplay so its not a time thing.

Costs? Likely. I'd imagine that spending budget on art resources like the Kumite arena took away from adding things like a seated cage position.

EA would probably argue that the people they are targeting with this game dont give a **** or know what a seated cage position is and that the Kumite arena is likely to draw more potential buyers than a new grappling position.

That all makes sense. I’m not entirely sure what the structure of a new game project looks like over in EA. I’m taking an assumption that the ufc series has a smaller budget allocated than other sports titles.

ryangil23 07-13-2020 09:52 AM

It’s looking a bit like FIFA when they added “Volta” which nobody asked for and didn’t care about when several things in the game were broken and still remain broken.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 person whether it’s here, Reddit, YouTube or social media ask for a backyard mode or to have CAFS in ranked and yet here we are. Seriously, not 1 person.

Irish0331 07-13-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Grappler (Post 2050147503)

A VERY “real” question right now is, why the heck are CAFs allowed in ranked, and why the heck can’t we choose what weight we fight at. Those are game breaking questions.

100%. I'm not an online player really, but I can see how wicked frustrating and illogical this is for you guys.

Same goes for the CAF issue offline:
-Not being able to edit our created fighters as we see fit
-Giving us such a limited amount of CAF slots

The offline community, which is decent sized, is once again unheard and dismissed.

LarsP 07-13-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryangil23 (Post 2050147884)
It’s looking a bit like FIFA when they added “Volta” which nobody asked for and didn’t care about when several things in the game were broken and still remain broken.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 person whether it’s here, Reddit, YouTube or social media ask for a backyard mode or to have CAFS in ranked and yet here we are. Seriously, not 1 person.

The difference here is that FIFA has tons of other modes, and Volta didn't interfere with those other modes.

I absolutely hate that they're forcing this casual **** on us. Just give us the option to turn it off, ffs.