Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CPU vs CPU is apparently back in Madden 21 Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=972487)

jpdavis82 07-14-2020 11:41 AM

CPU vs CPU is apparently back in Madden 21 Franchise Mode

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...ranchise-mode/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcruise 07-14-2020 11:56 AM

Re: CPU vs CPU is apparently back in Madden 21 Franchise Mode

Don't like the phrasing in this article. I would have thought that this meant you'd be able to watch any game on the schedule, but that's not stated.

If CPU vs CPU functionality exists only for the user's games in Franchise mode then there is no difference, as Slow Supersim has allowed you to do this for several years now.

This is just going to set people up for disappointment when the game launches.

canes21 07-14-2020 12:22 PM

Yep, the article isn't clear enough. If I can watch any game then it's a nice addition. If I can watch my games CPU vs CPU... well, I already do that in Madden 20.

ShadyFan25 07-14-2020 01:29 PM

Isn't this already a thing in Madden 20?

Pretty sure the "Slow" option in super-sim is CPU vs CPU.

tuckermaine 07-14-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyFan25 (Post 2050149773)
Isn't this already a thing in Madden 20?

Pretty sure the "Slow" option in super-sim is CPU vs CPU.

Yes ...you can use the slow option.
But back in the day one could before launching the game at opening screen just move your Controller to the middle. What I liked about that was “during” the game you could pause...and switch teams, make adjustments call a play and then resume and let Cpu play continue ect.

Many don’t care about this and I understand I am in the minority as I don’t control players I coach or try too...that mode has been pretty much nutted too in recent versions.....but I didn’t see how leaving it in as a option hurt any other game modes or how people played...but they took it out anyway

I’m hoping it’s back in...

Potatoes002 07-14-2020 06:14 PM

I recall in an interview with a NCAA developer about the canceled NCAA 15 game that they were seriously looking at adding the ability to spectate other user’s games in online dynasty. Not sure how realistic that was to happening, but I thought that would have been awesome. I’m hoping for next-gen that can be an attainable goal.

CM Hooe 07-14-2020 07:09 PM

CPU vs CPU is apparently back in Madden 21 Franchise Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatoes002 (Post 2050150166)
I recall in an interview with a NCAA developer about the canceled NCAA 15 game that they were seriously looking at adding the ability to spectate other user’s games in online dynasty. Not sure how realistic that was to happening, but I thought that would have been awesome. I’m hoping for next-gen that can be an attainable goal.

It should be very possible now, given that Madden moved to server-client (as opposed to peer-to-peer) for online games a few years ago. Simply allowing additional connections to that server should be pretty easy, I would think?

The thing they’d have to decide is what would the game allow spectator users to do - do they get to watch the game from their own choice of camera, or are they locked to whatever either player uses? Can spectators watch instant replays at will, or only the live game feed? Can spectators interact with the two active players in the game in any way? I think there are a lot of possibilities they could explore here which would be more interesting than just having the ability to watch our peers’ games.

Alternatively, I’d also be cool with Twitch integration into the in-game franchise UI - lots of Madden leagues already leverage Twitch for sharing games with their other members - but I assume that would have some amount of legal / licensing issues hindering that effort.

onegroove7 07-15-2020 12:14 PM

Since I was expecting little stuff like this to get removed in year 1 of next gen, I think this is good news. You can’t do this at all in FIFA 20 so hopefully it makes it way into their game as well.

Also would be cool for online leagues