Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   How do i defend gnp? (/forums/showthread.php?t=972489)

zeric 07-14-2020 11:53 AM

How do i defend gnp?

Against colby in full guard he is postured up so long and swaying costs me so much stamina. Is there a way to close guard faster after evading one punch? What am i missing lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

johnmangala 07-14-2020 11:55 AM

Re: How do i defend gnp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeric (Post 2050149614)
Against colby in full guard i he is postured up so long and swaying costs me so much stamina. Is there a way to close guard faster after evading one punch? What am i missing lol

How are you getting the posture for so long in full guard. I dodge 1-2 strikes or block 3-4 strikes and they are postured down.

zeric 07-14-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmangala (Post 2050149621)
How are you getting the posture for so long in full guard. I dodge 1-2 strikes or block 3-4 strikes and they are postured down.

Its only against good players using colby it seems. And mostly full guard. I messaged him(the guy who battered me who is ranked top 5) for tips and his response was "the game is imbalanced AF right now" rofl

smokeface 07-14-2020 12:01 PM

Posture seems to be about stamina and inactivity. If they are able to stay active and keep there stamina high enough they can stay there. There's 3 ways to block depending on what strike they are throwing. You can always just hold the block button but it's not going to help you a whole lot. If they are throwing straight punches you need to sway. Depending on stamina, you can sway a couple strikes and create a scramble. For hooks you do not want to sway. You have to post. This is done by hitting L1+right stick left or right. You want to post on the side he's swinging on. Same here, depending on stamina, if you block a couple of hooks by posting you can create a scramble.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Seymorslash 07-14-2020 12:05 PM

It took a while to figure the ground game out but I think I have a good understanding at least for having only played the beta:

Hooks can be countered with either blocking (blocking enough strikes forces them to posture down) OR by "catching" a strike using L1/LT+Right analog stick either left or right. The catches can setup sweeps but I haven't gotten them down pat yet and they give you lots of Grapple advantage.

Straights can be countered with blocking and head movement, but "catching" doesn't work to counter them. The head movement, like "catching" hooks sets up sweeps and gives grapple advantage.

zeric 07-14-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seymorslash (Post 2050149631)
It took a while to figure the ground game out but I think I have a good understanding at least for having only played the beta:

Hooks can be countered with either blocking (blocking enough strikes forces them to posture down) OR by "catching" a strike using L1/LT+Right analog stick either left or right. The catches can setup sweeps but I haven't gotten them down pat yet and they give you lots of Grapple advantage.

Straights can be countered with blocking and head movement, but "catching" doesn't work to counter them. The head movement, like "catching" hooks sets up sweeps and gives grapple advantage.

Sweet I'll try it out

zeric 07-14-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeface (Post 2050149626)
Posture seems to be about stamina and inactivity. If they are able to stay active and keep there stamina high enough they can stay there. There's 3 ways to block depending on what strike they are throwing. You can always just hold the block button but it's not going to help you a whole lot. If they are throwing straight punches you need to sway. Depending on stamina, you can sway a couple strikes and create a scramble. For hooks you do not want to sway. You have to post. This is done by hitting L1+right stick left or right. You want to post on the side he's swinging on. Same here, depending on stamina, if you block a couple of hooks by posting you can create a scramble.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Cool thank you!!

Seymorslash 07-14-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeric (Post 2050149634)
Sweet I'll try it out

Adding on to this, if you are postured up, holding R1/RT+The right analong will allow you to transition while postured up. Just hold those two controls while the animation plays out. Getting clean punches while postured give you grapple advantage and makes the transitions quicker. The only quirk to this is that you have to remember the directions of the transitions to get where you wanna go, so keep that in mind.