Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Appeal to developers (/forums/showthread.php?t=972560)

daawod.messymess 07-15-2020 08:25 AM

Appeal to developers

Guys now I’ll say one thing and ask you not to be angry. Why it was impossible to take as a basis UD3? Obviously this game is great. And several years have passed and she is still in business. Just understand graphics are not the most important criteria in this kind of games. Improving the basics of UD3 is the key to success. I really respect both game changers and developers. Thank YOU for trying and trying to make the game better. Those who want arcade games without rules can play Mortal Kombat or Tekken. And we are waiting for the MOST REAL GAME ABOUT MMA. INCLUDING REAL ORGANIZATIONS and so on. I ask you to influence the new development of the series. I played in all parts and I can say that so far none of them have reached the top of UD3. Thanks for your attention. No offense was meant. But I just want to do everything in my power so that the series goes the right way

Sent from my SM-G965F using Operation Sports mobile app

UFCBlackbelt 07-15-2020 08:35 AM

Re: Appeal to developers

There is a lot of frustration, it seems common during these betas. The mistake I see from some is directing it to the wrong people, and I think that comes from not understanding who they are talking to. I can imagine the frustration battling for a specific part of the game to be shut down by management and then torn to shreds on the internet, gamechangers and certain devs become the scapegoats and it makes sense that a lot prefer to step down. I wish we could all understand that it’s totally fair to be upset, but there are effective and noneffective ways to argue.

As for UD3, I feel bringing up UD3 is just a meme at this point and folks get lost in the nostalgia trip. UD3 was great, don’t get me wrong, but it was great for its time and the actual game is nowhere near modern ufc 4. I find it insulting to the devs to just keep bringing up a dated game as if this was the beacon of mma game perfection. Striking is significantly better in this game. I’d argue fighter likeness is better too (ignoring graphics here). I also find grappling better, people remember very specific factors of grappling like the various transitions, but don’t seem keen to remember all the flaws that ud3 grappling had.

At this point i think we should stop bringing up UD3 as better and just focus on the mechanic we prefer.

RollTideRoll0929 07-15-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt (Post 2050150633)
There is a lot of frustration, it seems common during these betas. The mistake I see from some is directing it to the wrong people, and I think that comes from not understanding who they are talking to. I can imagine the frustration battling for a specific part of the game to be shut down by management and then torn to shreds on the internet, gamechangers and certain devs become the scapegoats and it makes sense that a lot prefer to step down. I wish we could all understand that it’s totally fair to be upset, but there are effective and noneffective ways to argue.

As for UD3, I feel bringing up UD3 is just a meme at this point and folks get lost in the nostalgia trip. UD3 was great, don’t get me wrong, but it was great for its time and the actual game is nowhere near modern ufc 4. I find it insulting to the devs to just keep bringing up a dated game as if this was the beacon of mma game perfection. Striking is significantly better in this game. I’d argue fighter likeness is better too (ignoring graphics here). I also find grappling better, people remember very specific factors of grappling like the various transitions, but don’t seem keen to remember all the flaws that ud3 grappling had.

At this point i think we should stop bringing up UD3 as better and just focus on the mechanic we prefer.

Couldht have said it better myself

LarsP 07-15-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

That is true from a pure gameplay point of view, but if we're talking offline modes, everything this EA team has produced is lightyears behind UD3.

daawod.messymess 07-15-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Think about what would happen if develop it all these years. Why do people love UD3 more than ЕA games? What is insulting in starting development with a successful foundation? Guys, I respect your opinion, but you probably don’t understand what I mean. I'm not talking about the fact that you need to completely copy UD3, but that there is a great example of a successful game (without huge costs)

daawod.messymess 07-15-2020 09:27 AM

Yes, her sales did not materialize. But there is an explanation for this. The PR of this game was zero

Counter Punch 07-15-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Look man the point is to be critical. There are plenty of posts celebrating the devs (and rightfully so) for their hard work. But not everyone needs to start every critical post with some fellating preface.

It’s definitely unfair to blame the gamechangers for things they have no control over. It’s unfair to blame the devs for management level decisions.

As far as the devs are concerned, it is completely fair to criticize what actually is in the game and how it was implemented.

As far as the gamechangers go, when they are no longer under NDA, history strongly suggests that they will be in here defending aspects of the game that some people here will have a problem with. Are we allowed to criticize them then?

This constant need for people to derail every discussion by taking their turn to brown nose... it’s all so tiresome. These are adults, they can handle a little criticism without it ruining their lives there is no need to infantilize them.

Maybe working as a server for 7 years and dealing with a few horrific, impossible to please people on a daily basis has made me realize what that actually looks like.

aholbert32 07-15-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Counter Punch (Post 2050150688)
Look man the point is to be critical. There are plenty of posts celebrating the devs (and rightfully so) for their hard work. But not everyone needs to start every critical post with some fellating preface.

It’s definitely unfair to blame the gamechangers for things they have no control over. It’s unfair to blame the devs for management level decisions.

As far as the devs are concerned, it is completely fair to criticize what actually is in the game and how it was implemented.

As far as the gamechangers go, when they are no longer under NDA, history strongly suggests that they will be in here defending aspects of the game that some people here will have a problem with. Are we allowed to criticize them then?

This constant need for people to derail every discussion by taking their turn to brown nose... it’s all so tiresome. These are adults, they can handle a little criticism without it ruining their lives there is no need to infantilize them.

Maybe working as a server for 7 years and dealing with a few horrific, impossible to please people on a daily basis has made me realize what that actually looks like.

I can pretty much guarantee you that wont be the case with 4. If you look at the beta threads from UFC 3, you found GCs like me regularly running in here talking about aspects of the game and defending it.

The NDA isnt keeping people from defending/discussing the game. The reason is two fold:

1) I think after 4-5 years of abuse from OSers some are over with regulalrly discussing the game on OS. I know I am. There is no real benefit in having regular discussions about the game with people who are unwilling to accept what the game is (I'm not talking about you, CP). Especially when those people wrongfully blame you for things you have no control in.

I will be SHOCKED if the GCs or devs are as active here as they were in past games.

2) Not all of us agree with the direction of the game. I know why EA is doing what they are doing. I understand it from a financial perspective but it isnt anything I will defend.