Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   In UFC 4 you cancel your transition before faking, why add a input for no reason? (/forums/showthread.php?t=972621)

jafc1 07-16-2020 07:34 AM

In UFC 4 you cancel your transition before faking, why add a input for no reason?

Nobody really likes faking, but it is the system we have and we have been using it. In UFC 4 fakes have not been removed but now you need to cancel your current transition using R2 before you can move in another direction.

This does not stop fakes it just adds another button for no good reason. Playing UFC 4 will be akin to finger struming a guitar. There is no good reason why there needs to be another button added it just increases the risk of us getting wrist tendonitis.

Also sometimes on the ground your transitions would not cancel so it feels sluggish, i'm sure they can work on this..but they really need to remove the unnecessary button input.

ragreynolds 07-16-2020 07:37 AM

Re: In UFC 4 you cancel your transition before faking, why add a input for no reason?

I like it. Makes fakes a bit harder/more complicated, and makes it feel ever so slightly less spammy and annoying. It’s still not ideal, but it’s like 1% better lol.

Pappy Knuckles 07-16-2020 07:54 AM

Re: In UFC 4 you cancel your transition before faking, why add a input for no reason?

I personally liked RT being used to cancel. It takes a fraction of a second to hit the button after moving the stick, so it doesn't change much as far as the pace of the ground game is concerned. I'm not sure why pressing the button would be hard unless one is holding the controller in an odd way.

The reason I'm a fan of it is because adds a small wrinkle beyond simply wiggling the stick back and forth. It's a more deliberate action -- and I feel like a fake should differentiate from actually performing the move in some way.

I don't recall any of my cancels not working. I'd either get denied or my animation would stop, so I can't speak on whether that was a big issue during the beta.