Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Defensive Line & Linebackers (/forums/showthread.php?t=973228)

Steve_OS 07-29-2020 11:04 AM

Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Defensive Line & Linebackers

Madden NFL 21 continues to reveal more of their 50 all-new X-Factor abilities today, on the...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

SolidSquid 07-29-2020 01:28 PM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Pass Rushers

Wow zero love for Shaq Barrett

Executor 07-29-2020 04:14 PM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Pass Rushers

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSquid (Post 2050162328)
Wow zero love for Shaq Barrett

I loved what he accomplished last season and probably next-to-nobody saw that coming, but it's only been one season. Let's see what he can do this year and maybe they will give him some ability in one of the title updates during the season.

(You guys have a fun defense to play with and were I to get M21, I would probably do a Bucs franchise, plus I absolutely LOVE Lavonte David, but you guys ain't scaring nobody just yet... defensively, I mean. [emoji846] )

Steve_OS 07-29-2020 05:35 PM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Defensive Line & Linebackers

Updated OP link with defensive linemen and linebackers.

Linebacker57 07-29-2020 07:38 PM

I hated the idea of some of the triggers last year. For some D lineman, to trigger their pass rush X factor you needed to get 2 sacks with them. 2 sacks is very difficult for any pro to get in a game so it just seemed unbalanced that if a guy gets 2 sacks, the game will significantly increase his ability to get more sacks through an X factor.

tru11 07-30-2020 12:43 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Reveals Some X-Factor Abilities For Defensive Line & Linebackers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linebacker57 (Post 2050162602)
I hated the idea of some of the triggers last year. For some D lineman, to trigger their pass rush X factor you needed to get 2 sacks with them. 2 sacks is very difficult for any pro to get in a game so it just seemed unbalanced that if a guy gets 2 sacks, the game will significantly increase his ability to get more sacks through an X factor.

It is not realistic at all.

Few challenge the sack record in real life.

In madden multiple players break it before the season is even over and in every other season the commentary still acts like the old record is still standing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Godgers12 07-30-2020 04:27 AM

Za'Darious Smith gets no love. What a shame. He was statistically one of the 3 best pass rushers last season by any advanced metric.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

brettmickey 07-30-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linebacker57 (Post 2050162602)

Agreed. And it's been proven that consistent pressures are a much more reliable way to predict future sack production than past sack production. In other words, Madden would be better off if X-Factor pass rushers could trigger their ability based on x amount of pressures in a game rather than sacks. This would also tie in nicely with the new pass rush mechanics they're implementing this year. They already provide visual feedback when you've successfully beaten a blocker in your pass rush, if you do it 3 times (for example) then your X-Factor will trigger.