Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Playing the Show while in a relationship (/forums/showthread.php?t=973244)

decga 07-29-2020 02:10 PM

Playing the Show while in a relationship

Are you guys or ladies significant others understanding about your love for playing this game?

LADodgers42 07-29-2020 02:14 PM

Re: Playing the Show while in a relationship

I let her play! She’s gotten good at it and has hit a home run a couple times with no previous experience.

BlueSkies77 07-29-2020 02:16 PM

Well she knows I love Baseball and the Dodgers and the short season just started so I’m obsessed right now.

nymets31 07-29-2020 03:03 PM

My wife and I have been together for twenty years. She know my love for this game and Baseball in general. I have played a 162 game season + Playoffs/World Series since Triple Play/MVP Baseball. She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2018, it was gone for a year, and recently it came back as Stage 4 Breast Cancer. I spend most of my time with her, but I get up every morning at 4 am, to get a couple of games in (with my morning coffee) and unwind before I go to work at 8 am.

countryboy 07-29-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nymets31 (Post 2050162394)
My wife and I have been together for twenty years. She know my love for this game and Baseball in general. I have played a 162 game season + Playoffs/World Series since Triple Play/MVP Baseball. She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2018, it was gone for a year, and recently it came back as Stage 4 Breast Cancer. I spend most of my time with her, but I get up every morning at 4 am, to get a couple of games in (with my morning coffee) and unwind before I go to work at 8 am.

Prayers and positive vibes man.

#****cancer!

SamC24167 07-29-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Prayers to you and your wife man

my newly wife is pretty understanding she doesnt like that it takes long to play a game but she understands my love for the game and she even helped me create the 30 teams and their jerseys for my franchise rebranding.. i think they just have to know it means something to us and they understand that becasue they do stuff also that we dont understand like nails being done all the time or hair stuff so it should even out in any relationship

JoshC1977 07-29-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Dude....lots of prayers your way! I've been taking care of my mom (Stage 4 rectal cancer) and while she's doing well so far, it's a challenge.

The Show keeps me sane and grounded as well. When you're the "caregiver", we often forget to take care of ourselves. Keep your 'escape' with The Show; IMO, you'll be stronger for it (and you AND your wife need that).

countryboy 07-29-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050162431)
Dude....lots of prayers your way! I've been taking care of my mom (Stage 4 rectal cancer) and while she's doing well so far, it's a challenge.

The Show keeps me sane and grounded as well. When you're the "caregiver", we often forget to take care of ourselves. Keep your 'escape' with The Show; IMO, you'll be stronger for it (and you AND your wife need that).

Prayers and positive vibes

#****cancer!