Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   They removed submission showdown? (/forums/showthread.php?t=973548)

Blackman316 08-04-2020 11:12 PM

They removed submission showdown?

It seems it's no longer in the game by the looks of it. Granted I did not play it much due to the awkwardness of the AI, especially when they were playing non-grapplers. But the tiebreaker was a nice idea, especially for battles with a friend.

If they cleaned it up it could've been very fun to play, especially when integrated into career mode. Nobody will truly miss it as it's not really needed, but still... removing features is rarely a good idea.

LeonVegaSuarez 08-05-2020 09:16 AM

Re: They removed submission showdown?

Looks like it's gone, but yeah, can't imagine anyone really played it much.

KumarKing123 08-05-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackman316 (Post 2050168168)
It seems it's no longer in the game by the looks of it. Granted I did not play it much due to the awkwardness of the AI, especially when they were playing non-grapplers. But the tiebreaker was a nice idea, especially for battles with a friend.

If they cleaned it up it could've been very fun to play, especially when integrated into career mode. Nobody will truly miss it as it's not really needed, but still... removing features is rarely a good idea.

They removed it for now, but in 3-4 years in UFC 6 they'll reintroduce it as a 'new feature'. Typical EA strategy

Freakywwe 08-05-2020 03:22 PM

Admit-tingly, I never played it, or knew anybody who did.

That being said, I never like to see features removed. It couldn't have been that hard to implement in UFC 4, so them not including it is worrying. Of course, it's easy to notice because it was on the main menu when you played the game. What else might they have removed that isn't so obvious?

It's never a good sign, imo.

BigSmoke 08-05-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KumarKing123 (Post 2050168733)
They removed it for now, but in 3-4 years in UFC 6 they'll reintroduce it as a 'new feature'. Typical EA strategy

Let's just all pray 4 is the end of the road for EA and this franchise.

Otherwise yeah, very real possibility.