Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Can we use our current career fighter in a practice mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=973578)

UFCBlackbelt 08-05-2020 02:34 PM

Can we use our current career fighter in a practice mode?

Sometimes I feel the sparring sessions in career are too short for me to get actual practice in with a career fighter. Is there anyway to do this with your current career fighter and all their skills/attributes?

Blackman316 08-06-2020 02:23 PM

Re: Can we use our current career fighter in a practice mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt (Post 2050168692)
Sometimes I feel the sparring sessions in career are too short for me to get actual practice in with a career fighter. Is there anyway to do this with your current career fighter and all their skills/attributes?

That makes way too much sense for EA to put in I'm afraid. :brickwall But they did improve the mode, though some aspects feel like a downgrade. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Based on what I've seen, you can spar only once, and when you knock the guy out it's greyed out. It's always the same guy for any style, and you can't invite real fighters except once, when you want to learn their move. So how do you initiate rivalries? By inviting them to learn a guillotine and instead knocking them out like some thug? :D

It's one of the main problems with career mode in UFC3: you basically have to go "learn a move", select the "survival 5 minutes" striking objectives, and repeat it until you feel confident. Sparring for 5 times and managing your fitness level feels like an immense chore and is quite unrealistic (a fighter shouldn't be overtrained after 5 minutes). But I guess you can repeat the 1 minute sessions as well.

It's quite immersion-breaking to have to quit career for practice mode, which I've done countless times. And you have completely different movesets, making it an inferior option.