Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Baseball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   NEW YORK MESS: A METS STORY (/forums/showthread.php?t=973644)

Teleo 08-06-2020 10:35 PM

NEW YORK MESS: A METS STORY

Community -

I am going to make my first attempt at a Baseball dynasty. I have tried several attempts on 2K, but life gets in the way so I am going to post after each 2 weeks or monthly within the franchise. I am a die hard Yankee BUT I am going to go against the grain and look to rebuild the hopeless New York Mets.

SYSTEM/GAME: PS4/MLB The Show
MODE: Franchise
ROSTERS: Cycloniac (The TrueSim Roster Project) and all of his instructions that go into potentials and draft classes
SLIDERS: Cycloniac - Alternating between played and simmed
STYLE OF PLAY: CPU vs CPU
DH RULE: ON
CONTROL: 32 Teams, I will control primarily the Mets but I have everything else set to automation. I did resign Mookie Betts for his updated contract. I'm going to let the Baseball universe unfold as is. The game does not have updated managers, so Luis Rojas is otherwise known as Marcus Estevez.

PER CYCLONIAC INSTRUCTIONS:

Players like Luis Severino, Hicks and Chris Sale, who are out for the season, are in A ball and are NOT on the 40 man roster.

This serves two purposes:
1. If you use manual injuries, the CPU won't call them up to the majors when you start franchise, so it'll be very easy to find and injure them.

2. If you don't use manual injuries, these players are much more likely to stay in the minors. If a team has a bunch of injuries, the CPU may bring them up eventually, but it's much less likely to happen.

For those doing manual injuries, I'm going to lock in these, based on estimated returns:
HOU Verlander: 35 days
BAL Mancini: 60 days
DET Fulmer: 70 days
NYY A Hicks: 70 days
STL J Hicks: 70 days
PHI Robertson: 180 days
PIT Taillon: season
BOS Sale: this season + 60 days next season
CWS Rodon: 60 days
NYY Severino: season
NYY Paxton: 60 days
BOS Pedroia: season
NYM Cespedes: Out for the season (My only change)
NYM Syndegaard: this season + 60 days next season
MIN Rich Hill: 60 days
SFG Aramis Garcia: season
SFG Beede this season + 60 days next season
SFG Moronta 180 days

After season 1, the CPU will restructure its 40 man rosters and bring players back onto the roster.

In addition to the slider set for simulating games, I suggest you change the trade frequency slider as follows:
April & May: 1
June-July 15th: 3
July 15th-July 31st: Max
Rest of Season: 5
Offseason & Spring Training: 6

For drafted players, I will be doing the following:
-If RP/CP is selected in rounds 1-3, I will convert them to SPs.
-For the top 10 picks, if the player is 21 or older, OVR = potential - 20
-For the top 10 picks, if the player is under 21, OVR = potential - 30

Also - From Armor & Sword's Slider Thread: All credit goes to Mikeyo918 30 team control sponsorship method

1. NYY - Earnings 12 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Active replay - 2.5K/hit, Walk up - 40K/win

2. LAD - Earnings 12.1 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25k/game, Active replay - 2.5K/hit, Walk up - 40K/win

3. BOS - Earnings 7.5 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/hit

4. CHC - Earnings 8.6 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 3.5K/strikeout

5. SFG - Earnings 7.8 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

6. NYM - Earnings 7.2 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 40K/win

7. STL - Earnings 8.7 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

8. LAA - Earnings 7.6 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/hit

9. PHI - Earnings 7.4 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 40K/win

10. HOU - Earnings 8.1 MIL (1 diamond/1 gold)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 15K/homerun

11. WAS - Earnings 6.8 MIL (1 diamond/1 gold)
In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

12. ATL - Earnings 6.1 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

13. TEX - Earnings 5.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

14. CWS - Earnings 6.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 15K/homerun

15. SEA- Earnings 5.5 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 55K/save

16. TOR - Earnings 4.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 15K/double play

17. SDP - Earnings 5.2 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 3.5K/run

18. ARI - Earnings 5.6 MIL (all golds for sponsor)
In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 20K/stolen base

19. BAL - Earnings 4.4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/hit

20. PIT - Earnings 3.7 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 20K/win

21. DET- Earnings 3.8 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/homerun

22. COL - Earnings 4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/run

23. MIN - Earnings 5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/homerun

24. MIL - Earnings 4.5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/hit

25. CLE - Earnings 3.3 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/double play

26. OAK - Earnings 3.5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 15K/stolen base

27. CIN - Earnings 4.4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/homerun

28. KC - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game

29. TB - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)
In game ticker -15K/game

30. MIA - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)
In game ticker - 15K/game

I will be writing this dynasty in a story form and some of the characters (though names have been changed) will intertwine with the many lefts and rights within my own life. I want to thank each of you who have written these dynasties before as it encourages me each year to write more and more. If you have any opinions, please feel free to voice them as it will only help me to formulate the story and critique my writing.

Well, without further ado...

Teleo 08-06-2020 10:56 PM

Re: NEW YORK MESS: A METS STORY

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 181819

The Ups...The Downs...The Miracle Mets...The 86' Mets...The 2015 redemeption...The fall once again...The Story

A New York Mess...

Sebastian Eastley had drowned his life in a sea of intoxication. His father, Chip, had recently passed and he was left with the task of inheriting his father's organization, The New York Mets.

Distant memories of a young boy reminiscing about being 11 years old and staring into the eyes of a Strawberry. The thoughts of who he used to be as a child, running back and forth in the locker room, slowly haunt his mind. The sad days that loomed over Sebastian for several years as he watched his father disappear before his very eyes. Bas, as he was often referred to, had his own magic as he would often vanish in and out of his father's life. Much had not been the same since the fall of 2010, when Sebastian lost his entire world...Sarah and Doc. His wife and unborn son...gone forever.

All of these thoughts filled his head as he made his way into his father's office. He sat down and stared at a picture that was on his desk. His mom, who had been gone for 12 years now, he and his dad.

As he began his journey towards redeeming not only his father's beloved Mets, but his own personal life, two words entered his mind as he cried from his soul,"Help me."

Teleo 08-06-2020 11:25 PM

Re: NEW YORK MESS: A METS STORY

January 23, 2020

Sebastian had a hard time getting out of bed from last night’s media night about the upcoming season and the introductory press conference of newly hired manager, Marcus Estevez.

He slowly walked to his bathroom, dreadfully regretting his late night ventures and the headache that now resided and was pulsating from his left eye.

Having just purchased a 3,000 square ft. slice of escape at the Emerald Green Apartments, Bas was trying to reinvent himself.

The view overlooking the New York skyline was breathtaking and brought a feeling through his body as he gazed out.

The great height of the moonlight sky brought memories through his mind of Doc throwing a shut out or Strawberry hitting a homerun. As a young 11 year old, Bas, remembers conversations that his father would have with Doc as his dad would run his fingers through his hair.

He loved that feeling…

The phone rings and General Manager, Lincoln Gallo, says on the other line, “We have a meeting at 11 today with Marcus. Just wanted to remind you.”

Gallo had not been pleased with Bas’s return. He had made his attempt in purchasing the team but the contractual agreements stating that Sebastian was the heir apparent to the Mets organization ultimately ended and derailed his attempts in being in consideration from Chip.

Gallo was not pleased with the selection, mostly due to Sebastian’s vacancy in his father’s life as Gallo had slowly become a second son to Chip.

“I will be there,” I said and slowly hung up the phone.

Making his way to Citi Field, Sebastian relaxed his mind to the tunes of Boney James. The sounds of jazz had always had a calming effect on him and this morning was the new beginning to a new chapter in his life.

“Good morning, Mr. Eastley,” Amelia said as he exited the elevator to make his way to his office in preparation of the meeting with Gallo and 1st year manager, Marcus Estevez.

“Good morning coach, it's nice to see you,” Sebastian said.

“It’s good to see you too Mr. Eastley.”

“Please, call me Sebastian.”