Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Suicide Squad Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=973655)

illwill10 08-07-2020 09:14 AM

Suicide Squad Game

1 Attachment(s)
"Target locked - #DCFanDome - August 22. #suicidesquadgame https://t.co/HrXZNKwo0f "

Fresh Tendrils 08-07-2020 09:16 AM

Re: Suicide Squad Game

Hope it's good and they keep the Bat at bay - they've more than deserved to move out of his shadow by now.

illwill10 08-07-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils (Post 2050170344)
Hope it's good and they keep the Bat at bay - they've more than deserved to move out of his shadow by now.

Yeah, keep the Bat out of the game entirely. Let them have the spotlight. Hopefully it doesn't have the Avengers feel. Initially, I was interested in Avengers. But when the clips started leaking and being revealed, I quickly lost interest. I do want the game to be good.

jeremym480 08-07-2020 10:32 AM

You had me at "Rocksteady"... I'm optimistic about this one and can't wait to hear more.

DieHardYankee26 08-07-2020 10:57 AM

Could not be more disappointed. Hopefully the games as a service stuff isn’t true but the bar is the floor for me at this point with a SS game.

Fresh Tendrils 08-07-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26 (Post 2050170429)
Could not be more disappointed. Hopefully the games as a service stuff isn’t true but the bar is the floor for me at this point with a SS game.

Basically my initial reaction was "at least its not Batman," but I would be lying if I didn't want to see Rocksteady given a blank canvas rather than a box of IP assets to use again.

DieHardYankee26 08-07-2020 11:19 AM

The best part of the Batman games to me was the love for the lore (along with the combat). The part I assume they came up with, the main story, was never that good to me so I don’t really know how I’d feel about a new IP. There’s apparently still a Batman game in the works from Montreal which I’m happy about, I was hoping Rocksteady would move their love to Superman, or Batman Beyond or something. I have little to no interest in the Turtles and I would’ve taken a trilogy of those over this.

illwill10 08-07-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26 (Post 2050170429)

I agree. With it being RockSteady, I have will more faith in game quality as opposed to Avengers. But I really don't care for GaaS games. I just a lengthy Campaign/Story(over 12+hours).

Don't really like how they announced this. After 5 years since Batman, they just drop this picture like "here, everyone knew what it was already". I would rather them approach the leaks like how Far Cry 6 did when they dropped the Giancarlo Esposito clip after people found out.
I believe it will be a cross gen title that'll release by latest Q1 2021.