Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Capitalism at its Best and Worst (/forums/showthread.php?t=973666)

Fuimus Troes 08-07-2020 12:24 PM

Capitalism at its Best and Worst

The season finally starts and a roster update drops.

The market shows signs of massive speculation as player prices spike and plummet.

SDS drops a huge sale on stubs.

If you stand against all the predatory persistent monetization in sports gaming and games in general, don't.

PSA over! :cheers444

NDAlum 08-07-2020 01:07 PM

Re: Capitalism at its Best and Worst

I'm not completely sure of your point...but I have a statement:

SDS/The Show is amazing to people who play modes like diamond dynasty and you absolutely do not need to buy stubs to have a good team and enjoy most content. Keyword: most.

Mackrel829 08-07-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDAlum (Post 2050170595)
I'm not completely sure of your point...but I have a statement:

SDS/The Show is amazing to people who play modes like diamond dynasty and you absolutely do not need to buy stubs to have a good team and enjoy most content. Keyword: most.

I also struggled to decipher the point this post was actually trying to make.

Perhaps the OP would like to clarify?

jrnlgrn 08-07-2020 05:19 PM

From an outsiders perspective. DD looks like the least predatory of all the online card collecting games. At the rate I collect stubs and random packs for being a strictly offline player it doesn't seem like a terrible setup.

Caulfield 08-07-2020 07:32 PM

capitalism is the worst system in the world. except for all of the others, even X-Box. sometimes ambiguity is your friend. sometimes not so much. sometimes you just wanna spend 5000 stubs on Edwin Jackson, or Lewis Brinson. but then you remember Sally Struthers and Sarah McLachlan and all those poor homeless penguins at the North Pole and you can feed them almost unlimitless tuna sandwiches for as little as 23 cents a day.

when the Show hands you diamond dynasty, make lemonade. I hope this sheds some light on the matter and helps clear things up.

if you has issues with persistent predatory monetisation, call Chris Hanson, he's got your back Jack. has anybody seen the bridge? I cant find the bridge. where is that confounded bridge?

and in conclusion; TLDR: fire bad, SHOW good. thank you and goodnight.

Mackrel829 08-08-2020 02:36 AM

What on Earth is going on?

Caulfield 08-08-2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackrel829 (Post 2050171330)
What on Earth is going on?

the free market; you run your diamonds up a flagpole and see who salutes (but no one ever does).
I've actually enjoyed buying player cards the last 3 or 4 months.
I'm not sick but I'm not well.
it was a buyer's market and I could get a lot of player's I otherwise would take till next spring to possess.
only stupid people are breeding.
I enjoyed it so much I've gone back to 19 the last couple week to browse the player market there.
I don't even own a tv.
I liked what I found on 19 so much I'll probably pop in 18 later this afternoon to have a look see.
they put me in a hospital for nerves then they had to commit me.
the only real downside is when a year's online is decommissioned, you lose all you gained :(
they cut off my legs now I'm an amputee :)

Mackrel829 08-08-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050171339)
the free market; you run your diamonds up a flagpole and see who salutes (but no one ever does).
I've actually enjoyed buying player cards the last 3 or 4 months.
I'm not sick but I'm not well.
it was a buyer's market and I could get a lot of player's I otherwise would take till next spring to possess.
only stupid people are breeding.
I enjoyed it so much I've gone back to 19 the last couple week to browse the player market there.
I don't even own a tv.
I liked what I found on 19 so much I'll probably pop in 18 later this afternoon to have a look see.
they put me in a hospital for nerves then they had to commit me.
the only real downside is when a year's online is decommissioned, you lose all you gained :(
they cut off my legs now I'm an amputee :)

Caulfield, can you tell me... as a mate... someone who knows me really well... Is the bottom half of me on fire?