Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   Babe Ruth and the All-Timers Program Nice Win for Offline Folks (/forums/showthread.php?t=973676)

ChaseB 08-07-2020 04:06 PM

Babe Ruth and the All-Timers Program Nice Win for Offline Folks

The half-and-half concept (offline and online challenges) for most of the player programs and missions this...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

cherman24 08-07-2020 05:56 PM

Re: Babe Ruth and the All-Timers Program Nice Win for Offline Folks

I’m all about this, but these are moments and not games, so big buzz kill for me building up team rewards.

PitholeCreek 08-07-2020 07:22 PM

I was one strike away from beating the All-Timers Team 1-0, but then gave up two walks and a game-winning double off the wall. Grrrr!

The fact that these are moments and not games is disappointing. My loss to the All-Timers would be a lot less frustrating with something other than XP for my efforts.

buziii 08-07-2020 08:01 PM

I agree! I was all about this until I realized my player innings don't count toward TA. So, you just use your best squad in every moment? Disappointing.

cherman24 08-07-2020 08:44 PM

The more I play around with these moments, the more I realize that this is just a time sink. They probably had a ton of people bored with the game or completed everything. I did two moments. I beat the Yankees in 10 innings. They pitched Rivera from the third inning on. It wasn’t really like baseball. I lost to the Astros on a cheap homerun. I’m just not sure I can play 30+ moments like this. I also think they made them moments so they can mess with the sliders. All star is not that difficult for me, but these high diamond hitters are giving me a lot of trouble getting on base. One bad bitch in a three inning game kills you. It’s basically all or nothing. You can skip this and get nothing. Or you have to do the entire program to get a reward cause of no team innings. Great in theory. Great for something to do, but no real rewards for putting that much time in for four cards.

EDIT- I guess you get some packs along the way, but who knows what you’ll get for that amount of time.

ValhallaVikings 08-07-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherman24 (Post 2050171060)
The more I play around with these moments, the more I realize that this is just a time sink. They probably had a ton of people bored with the game or completed everything. I did two moments. I beat the Yankees in 10 innings. They pitched Rivera from the third inning on. It wasn’t really like baseball. I lost to the Astros on a cheap homerun. I’m just not sure I can play 30+ moments like this. I also think they made them moments so they can mess with the sliders. All star is not that difficult for me, but these high diamond hitters are giving me a lot of trouble getting on base. One bad bitch in a three inning game kills you. It’s basically all or nothing. You can skip this and get nothing. Or you have to do the entire program to get a reward cause of no team innings. Great in theory. Great for something to do, but no real rewards for putting that much time in for four cards.

Id be stoked if that elite ducks pack nets me a free Chapman. I don't wanna spend 150-170k for a reliever

papadell 08-07-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherman24 (Post 2050171060)

EDIT- I guess you get some packs along the way, but who knows what you’ll get for that amount of time.

This is where the innings counting for Affinity would help. That's literally the only issue I have with this because otherwise it's a fantastic content drop and something to do with your DD team. That's always been a huge issue with The Show for me is that you can't actually use your DD team for anything other than Ranked. So here is a legitimate (and cool!) reason to use your team.

Getting Affinity progress would have made this the single greatest piece of content they could have dropped. Desirable cards, tons of packs, stubs and XP along the way and earning progress in TA where you're working towards cards, packs, stubs etc.

This is like what I've been suggesting forever. But these being deliberately excluded from TA progress is just silly. And it's so silly I can't help but harp on it.

But yes, playing the CPU is basically a timesink. Always. If you get out to a big enough lead you can just bunt through your ABs to speed it up a little. The CPU will randomly play out of its mind so you'll have to deal with that. Being able to use your team and not a bunch of random cards like last year's Sig Series stuff should make this easier, as well. I haven't played any of these yet so I don't know how they're playing slider wise. But from what I'm reading around the community they aren't absurdly whacky.

Just knock out a couple at a time unless you really need to have the rewards now. This is the perfect type of content where you can bang out a couple of these if you don't feel like playing online or something and then just pick back up wherever the next day.

buziii 08-07-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coxatron (Post 2050171090)
This is where the innings counting for Affinity would help. That's literally the only issue I have with this because otherwise it's a fantastic content drop and something to do with your DD team. That's always been a huge issue with The Show for me is that you can't actually use your DD team for anything other than Ranked. So here is a legitimate (and cool!) reason to use your team.

Getting Affinity progress would have made this the single greatest piece of content they could have dropped. Desirable cards, tons of packs, stubs and XP along the way and earning progress in TA where you're working towards cards, packs, stubs etc.

This is like what I've been suggesting forever. But these being deliberately excluded from TA progress is just silly. And it's so silly I can't help but harp on it.

But yes, playing the CPU is basically a timesink. Always. If you get out to a big enough lead you can just bunt through your ABs to speed it up a little. The CPU will randomly play out of its mind so you'll have to deal with that. Being able to use your team and not a bunch of random cards like last year's Sig Series stuff should make this easier, as well. I haven't played any of these yet so I don't know how they're playing slider wise. But from what I'm reading around the community they aren't absurdly whacky.

Just knock out a couple at a time unless you really need to have the rewards now. This is the perfect type of content where you can bang out a couple of these if you don't feel like playing online or something and then just pick back up wherever the next day.

I don't normally gripe in here, because Lord knows there's plenty of that. And this is really a great game overall.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to play with my best players all the time. Being able to grind some TA with a lesser team in this Moment would be awesome. It could be the best of both worlds. If you want to use your top squad, have at it. But, I want some incentive to try to beat these teams with a lesser squad, and grind some TA points. I just don't understand.