Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Shohei Ohtani (/forums/showthread.php?t=973742)

SoonerCrazy84 08-08-2020 04:59 PM

Shohei Ohtani

I have my rosters set up the way i want them in Spring Training but everytime I go to the Angels roster the CPU has locked Ohtani into a pitcher and you cant changed him to a two way player.

Does anyone know a way around this or is it a really bad bug?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Operation Sports mobile app

Jr. 08-09-2020 12:28 PM

Re: Shohei Ohtani

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCrazy84 (Post 2050171776)
I have my rosters set up the way i want them in Spring Training but everytime I go to the Angels roster the CPU has locked Ohtani into a pitcher and you cant changed him to a two way player.

Does anyone know a way around this or is it a really bad bug?

You have to put him in the lineup for offense before the game. He won't show there in the lineup management screen.

It's not a bug, just how the game is designed with 2 way players

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

SoonerCrazy84 08-09-2020 01:30 PM

Im not the Angels what i mean is the CPU never uses him as a two way player and he only pitches never hits.

You can not change him to a two way player either it say no on his Bio.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2050172324)
You have to put him in the lineup for offense before the game. He won't show there in the lineup management screen.

It's not a bug, just how the game is designed with 2 way players

Jr. 08-09-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCrazy84 (Post 2050172369)
Im not the Angels what i mean is the CPU never uses him as a two way player and he only pitches never hits.

You can not change him to a two way player either it say no on his Bio.

Oh i gotcha. They have it set to use him as a DH for a few games between his starts automatically, so I'm not sure why that's not working

SoonerCrazy84 08-11-2020 02:07 PM

Its gotta be a bug....everytime I start a new franchise the two way player icon disappears.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2050172389)
Oh i gotcha. They have it set to use him as a DH for a few games between his starts automatically, so I'm not sure why that's not working

CaseIH 08-11-2020 08:08 PM

Ive been trying to figure this out as well. They add 2 way players to the game, but yet they aint utilized in Franchise, and you cant edit it either to 2 way player. I dont use the Angels either, but I happen to look thru stats in my Franchise, and sure enough Ohtani is pitching only.

I play as the Reds, and I wanted to remove Lorenzen from pitching, and put him in the outfield, and it wouldnt let me do that either. I skipped the last 2 yrs, of this game, and figured by now, the devs would have allowed you to utilize 2 way players in Franchise, but unfortunately thats not the case it seems.

JaFFiTh 08-12-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseIH (Post 2050174434)
Ive been trying to figure this out as well. They add 2 way players to the game, but yet they aint utilized in Franchise, and you cant edit it either to 2 way player. I dont use the Angels either, but I happen to look thru stats in my Franchise, and sure enough Ohtani is pitching only.

I play as the Reds, and I wanted to remove Lorenzen from pitching, and put him in the outfield, and it wouldnt let me do that either. I skipped the last 2 yrs, of this game, and figured by now, the devs would have allowed you to utilize 2 way players in Franchise, but unfortunately thats not the case it seems.

I’ve had Lorenzen in the outfield. That was through play now. The lineup screen right before the game you can put the pitchers in the position you want or DH. I’m not sure how the franchise works. Haven’t had a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoonerCrazy84 08-12-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaFFiTh (Post 2050174975)
I’ve had Lorenzen in the outfield. That was through play now. The lineup screen right before the game you can put the pitchers in the position you want or DH. I’m not sure how the franchise works. Haven’t had a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can put your pitchers in the outfield but only if you play as that team.

Problem is the CPU does not utilized two players its a huge bug in my eyes.