Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements? (/forums/showthread.php?t=973890)

ChaseB 08-11-2020 05:37 PM

Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements?

Brian is back to build off what Seann Graddy and the EA team discussed last week...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N7Z5tO8XRng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChaseB 08-11-2020 05:38 PM

Re: Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements?

This video by Brian builds off the news from last week folks have been chatting about in this thread that's becoming a bit unwieldy due to all the replies.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 08-11-2020 05:55 PM

I know I’m an inexcusable noob but who is Brian?

ChaseB 08-11-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2050174316)
I know I’m an inexcusable noob but who is Brian?

Brian heads up the video portion of OS and is the main sports game writer at Forbes. He's a lovable boomer with a delightful voice. Sadly, he's also a Chicago sports fan.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 08-11-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseB (Post 2050174321)
Brian heads up the video portion of OS and is the main sports game writer at Forbes. He's a lovable boomer with a delightful voice. Sadly, he's also a Chicago sports fan.

I mean I only feel pity for Bears fans.

Anyway I watched the video and he’s extremely reasonable and realistic.

Sack stats definitely need to be fixed, as he says. It sucks to have 18 sacks on your team stats but not register on the NFL stat list.

However I would add that keeping track on what team players were on when they compiled their yearly statistics is vital, too. More so, in fact, because it adds more life to Franchise mode. It helps create the story of the league and the players.

It would also be nice to be able to determine where the Super Bowl is played, although I’d choose more realistic locations than he suggested.

But yeah, he seems like a smart fellow. Will like and sub.

ripcandlestickpark 08-11-2020 07:47 PM

Honestly, I'm way more excited than I should be to just have long-standing issues with player cards addressed (team names on the career stats tab, season performances displayed chronologically with opponent name and result). Provided their section about "Career Stats UI" meant what I thought it did, of course.

I'm also happy that Abilities will finally be edit-able, but I'm honestly shocked that wasn't already planned for launch. Hopefully we can edit them from both the Main Menu and Franchise UI.

Another small/realistic improvement I've rarely (if ever) seen mentioned on here is making the weekly and season awards more realistic. For instance, it's odd that Franchise doesn't have a Rookie of the Week award, considering it's been a real-life fixture in the league for almost 20 years. Plus, it could work well with the current XP system and whatnot.

Instead we have a bunch of awards that don't really exist in real-life, such as the Best OL honor.

YabaDaba 08-11-2020 08:26 PM

At the end of the video the narrator says he’s expecting the ai management, super bowl presentation updates, and updated stat tracking to be in the game at launch.

I dont think the Madden team said any of the roadmap concepts would be ready for launch...

drugsbunny 08-11-2020 08:48 PM

I'm sticking with Madden 25/Ncaa 14 connection...*