Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Good tactics for taking the fight to the ground? (/forums/showthread.php?t=973942)

Good Grappler 08-12-2020 04:08 PM

Good tactics for taking the fight to the ground?

Aside from just shooting a double or single leg - we all know how to do that - I’m wondering what sort of tactics players have been using to get fights to the ground. Particularly in a competitive atmosphere, when your opponent knows it’s coming.

Is there a specific sequence or tactic you use to get fights to the ground? Whether it be from the clinch, against cage, pulling guard, or a shoot TD... please share your tactic here. It would be cool to get a solid list of tactics in this thread.

List the entire sequence, starting from standing. Name the positions, and buttons you press too, if possible.

For example, if this thread was about UFC 3, here would be a few examples of “sequences” to get fights to the ground (aside from the obvious single/double leg):

- Land a rear punch, then go for the over/under clinch entry. Once in the clinch, take a sidestep by pushing up or down on the LS. Then go for a hip toss.

- Fake a double leg, then shoot a double leg

- Push your opponent backwards, then go for an immediate single leg

johnmangala 08-12-2020 04:15 PM

Re: Good tactics for taking the fight to the ground?

Grab a single under against the cage then go to their back, take backpack, finally go down for a RNC.

Falseperception 08-12-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmangala (Post 2050175186)
Grab a single under against the cage then go to their back, take backpack, finally go down for a RNC.

What are the button inputs for this? taking the back and backpack specifically. last thing I haven't figured out

johnmangala 08-12-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falseperception (Post 2050175244)
What are the button inputs for this? taking the back and backpack specifically. last thing I haven't figured out

From single under against the cage you flick up or down depending on which arm is underhooked to take the back. Then R1+Triangle for backpack. I think r1+triangle or L2 + triangle for RNC.

Evil97 08-12-2020 06:02 PM

The pull guard and sweep to mount from over under.
-Check to see if the fighter has it in "Takedowns" "BJJ/Judo Takdowns".
-Shoot for double leg and cancel it with RT to take over under.
-Use RB and Y (orthodox) to pull the guy down and flip him to take full mount.

This seems like it wouldn't work well because the opponent is likely going to be holding the triggers as to deny the takedown you cancelled, but they actually have to let go of the triggers and re-apply them once the clinch is initiated for the takedown deny in the clinch to register.

DrawkD2 08-12-2020 07:49 PM

Big overhand right to power double leg.

rabbitfistssaipailo 08-12-2020 09:45 PM

Slip incoming strike , clinch to over under , trip.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

1212headkick 08-12-2020 10:23 PM

6 months down the line well still be complaining about how takedown and clinch defense is too strong. Because it is. Just run.