Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 21 Career Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details Revealed (/forums/showthread.php?t=973976)

Steve_OS 08-13-2020 11:17 AM

FIFA 21 Career Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details Revealed

EA continues providing plenty of details for current-gen FIFA 21. Today, they revealed their career mode...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Gosens6 08-13-2020 12:14 PM

Re: FIFA 21 Career Mode Trailer and Details

This all looks good if there’s no game breaking bugs at launch like last year.

Also, didn’t see anything about the player potential and progression system. I hope it was tweaked so that AI players progress the same as human players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

jrnlgrn 08-13-2020 02:31 PM

Like was already said as long as it all works then it should be all good. Hopefully they had someone actually test the changes this year. Would say I'm still neutral at this point. Everything looks good but if it doesn't work out the gate and is poorly executed and requires a ton of patches then its a failure. Can't have another instance of 2 months with an unplayable game mode.

Just read on the twitter Q&A:
We added more countries where you can send your Youth Scout to, such as Wales, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, the Baltics, and more.

The database of names to pick from for Youth Players has increased to over 5000 first names and 8000 last names.

Qb 08-13-2020 04:37 PM

Pre-match screen finally displays opponents formation/starting 11. Helpful.

I don't sim many, if any, matches but the interactive simulation adds a lot. Being able to jump in/out is a great feature, especially if you play longer matches (I prefer 15 minute halves). Also there have been a few times I wanted to start a new career and sim ahead in the season. This at least makes that easier to do while still adjusting lineups and even making subs for preseason or dead-rubber European matches later in the season... play the kids!

XP-fueled growth can be focused on weak foot/skills and work rates as well as attributes!

Player position conversion!!! I need to stop and take a deep breath.

jb12780 08-13-2020 05:52 PM

Re: FIFA 21 Career Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details Revealed

I’m actually kind of impressed by EA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qb 08-13-2020 07:50 PM

Yeah, I've regained my composure and finished the deep dive article. Strict negotiations, established youth academy, tweaking morale/form, and the new fitness/sharpness system. I'm sure it will need some balancing and some old warts will remain, but EA really put some work into CM for this year. I will gladly take this end of generation dead cat bounce.

cjacks17 08-13-2020 07:51 PM

With the caveat that it needs to be functional, as someone that plays both FIFA and Madden, it's beyond frustrating that FIFA has gotten to such a great point and Madden hasn't done that.

jrnlgrn 08-13-2020 08:35 PM

With the amount of changes across all the game modes (sorry pro clubs and player career) this reinforces in my mind that they threw in the towel early on FIFA 20 and that all the work was being focused on the the transition to next gen. Assuming my previous statement was true this would also give a good reason to moving to an every other year model. The need for completely new sports games every year is no longer necessary since we can get patches/updates via the internet.

I'm still not pre-ordering and it's debatable if this is a day 1 purchase. Depends on what those that get that 3 day early access say. Still the changes listed are all positives and I see nothing to complain about from what they've listed. There are a couple things I don't think they bothered fixing that seemed like low hanging fruit but we'll see if they got addressed.