Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Anyone else shamelessly need to reduce pitch speed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=974012)

BlueSkies77 08-13-2020 11:02 PM

Anyone else shamelessly need to reduce pitch speed?

Not for me personally with MLB 18, 19, 20, but for the older games of the series. I took a long break from gaming from 2014 through 2018. All the MLB Show games on the PS3 had ridiculous fast pitch speeds, but back then I refused to lower it, I felt I should get better but I wish I did. I would’ve loved those older games a lot more. I was always late on the fast balls, struggled to get hits.

But then when I got MLB 18 I felt the default pitch speed was PERFECT. And it’s been perfect to 20. But I guess some people think it’s slow which it is but perfect for me.

NYJin2011tm 08-14-2020 07:38 AM

Re: Anyone else shamelessly need to reduce pitch speed?

I’ve had to up it because I’m early on everything. I’m so used to the speeds on 14. I mean I’m still being early even when I feel like I’m waiting.

TheWarmWind 08-14-2020 12:04 PM

I think there are a lot of factors here at work. For example: you could be playing on a crummy tv with terrible input lag. Fast pitching could seem impossible. But to those of us on good equipment, the same speed could feel quite reasonable, or even easy.

I once played this game at a friend's house on a projector. He had pitch speeds lowered and I still found it near impossible to time the pitch. I asked him how he managed and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I just do."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

timmg 08-14-2020 12:37 PM

made the move to HOF pitching & hitting. Currently at 6 fast 5 off speed, playing with the Dodgers we are hitting .216������. May have to go -1 on both

BTW: having a blast playing this game & im not a baseball fan at all

Caulfield 08-14-2020 06:47 PM

self-confessed glutton for punishment here: I do like to reduce pitch speeds to 3. off-speed pitches that is.

fastball speeds I up to 7.

Councilmann_Jamm 08-14-2020 06:54 PM

I played 4 season of the same sliders and skill level.

First 3 season the most games I won was 80.

During the 4th season I was dominant, was crushing teams. I decided to up pitch speeds by one and the game was totally different for me. It wasn't even fun as I couldn't see the ball fast enough.

So I lowered pitch speeds back to Fastball:3. OffSpeed:4 and up hitting difficulty.

moemoe24 08-14-2020 09:16 PM

Seems like every year I fiddle with a different slider. This year it’s pitch speed. I can’t find a happy medium. Either it’s too slow and I never strike out or it’s too fast and can’t hit.

BlueSkies77 08-14-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moemoe24 (Post 2050177351)
Seems like every year I fiddle with a different slider. This year it’s pitch speed. I can’t find a happy medium. Either it’s too slow and I never strike out or it’s too fast and can’t hit.

Have you tried playing with different camera angles?