Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Versatile Offensive Players (/forums/showthread.php?t=974212)

iamwubbie 08-17-2020 04:58 PM

Versatile Offensive Players

Hi!

Was just thinking about the 49ers offense and how they scheme things. One thing that they really like to do is present mismatches with their personnel. They may can conceivably call running plays for Deebo Samuel or George Kittle. They'll come in with a run-heavy set, and then because they have guys like Kittle, Juszczy.. they can pass out of it... and/or shift to a passing formation.

And, there was a lot of hope for Jalen Hurd (who unfortunately is most likely going to be on IR for the second season in a row), who is a 6'5", 250 lb WR... but could conceivably line up at RB or TE.

It's not something I delved too deeply into before, but I was just kind of curious... what options do we have to really create mismatches and taking advantage of versatile offensive skill players?

IIRC, Madden doesn't let us get too creative with some of that?

oneamongthefence 08-17-2020 05:18 PM

Re: Versatile Offensive Players

You can do position subs. Put your fullback in a tight end spot. Or vice versa. Formation subs are another way. It just takes some time to get set up.

#fixmaddenfranchise

MasonOS95 08-18-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2050179467)
You can do position subs. Put your fullback in a tight end spot. Or vice versa. Formation subs are another way. It just takes some time to get set up.

#fixmaddenfranchise

Unless you use the live playbooks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Executor 08-18-2020 05:49 AM

Isn't there going to be a severe stamina penalty for "out of position" players in M21? So when you RUN a jet sweep with a WR or TE he gets hit with a big stamina drop, especially when hit by a defender? (I guess that would also apply to a pass-catching HB lining up in the slot, etc.) Which in my opinion would make truly versatile players basically useless? May be wrong, though.

kennylc321 08-18-2020 10:29 AM

I know in the past, there was always an issue with "cheese." People have clamored that they are unable to put their WR at HB but what they were really wanting to do was put a 99 speed player at HB and run sweeps all day.

I suppose the issue is that EA should not prevent you from putting your fastest guy in the most exploitable position but rather create penalties in doing so.

J.hunt1376 08-19-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050180068)
I know in the past, there was always an issue with "cheese." People have clamored that they are unable to put their WR at HB but what they were really wanting to do was put a 99 speed player at HB and run sweeps all day.

I suppose the issue is that EA should not prevent you from putting your fastest guy in the most exploitable position but rather create penalties in doing so.

Or they could allow offline franchises to do whatever the eff they want, and create restrictions for online play to be "fair," (i.e., not allow cheesers). Instead of trying to appeal to both modes, they should open up Single online and/or offline modes to be completely editable, as there is no consequences in cheesing against the CPU.

kennylc321 08-20-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.hunt1376 (Post 2050181238)
Or they could allow offline franchises to do whatever the eff they want, and create restrictions for online play to be "fair," (i.e., not allow cheesers). Instead of trying to appeal to both modes, they should open up Single online and/or offline modes to be completely editable, as there is no consequences in cheesing against the CPU.

Hey man... don't shoot the messenger!! :) :)