Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY (/forums/showthread.php?t=974234)

Lilgoosy 08-18-2020 04:53 AM

MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaFZxUhFxQ&t=574s

hello there everyone!

i don't know if there is already an existing thread about this, but i just saw this morning on youtube this video allegedly from the Madden 21 beta.

For someone who was not able to play the beta like me, this was the first time to really catch a glimpse of the new game, and this was really a letdown. basically it just looks like madden 20, with maybe a little better presentation of the super bowl and not much more.

anyway, feel free to delete if this thread does not belong here

dvdsaba 08-18-2020 05:14 AM

Re: MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilgoosy (Post 2050179940)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaFZxUhFxQ&t=574s

hello there everyone!

i don't know if there is already an existing thread about this, but i just saw this morning on youtube this video allegedly from the Madden 21 beta.

For someone who was not able to play the beta like me, this was the first time to really catch a glimpse of the new game, and this was really a letdown. basically it just looks like madden 20, with maybe a little better presentation of the super bowl and not much more.

anyway, feel free to delete if this thread does not belong here

I played the beta. Nearly identical to M20. Gameplay was slightly smoother and better player builds are the main differences i saw. Demo videos come out later this week. If it is a copy and paste job for franchise than no point to buy this year for me...

Lilgoosy 08-18-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsaba (Post 2050179944)
I played the beta. Nearly identical to M20. Gameplay was slightly smoother and better player builds are the main differences i saw. Demo videos come out later this week. If it is a copy and paste job for franchise than no point to buy this year for me...

i could not tell there was also better player builds. let's hope we'll see something more deserving with the next gen version

l8knight1 08-18-2020 07:22 AM

This is definitely beta footage, the longest public beta footage I’ve seen. Not too swift to do that, and it looks like he’s remote on an iPad. Game looks good but it’s beta. It’s pruned in all kinds of ways, tackling being the worst best example of that. Let’s hope that is not the way tackling will finish out this gen.

ODogg 08-18-2020 10:59 AM

I played the beta extensively. The game may look the same (and yes I was disappointed as well when initially playing) but it plays much different, it's slower and there's more control. So don't go by what you see, have to try it out. If you're in doubt use the EA access or rent it and see for yourself when it drops.

JasonZimmerman 08-18-2020 11:31 AM

I watched the video last night when I found it. The only way I could tell it wasn’t 20 was the score bar. Even the commentating was exactly the same. I’ll try it on EA Access but this might be the first time I won’t have the current Madden. I have a great franchise going in 20, and I’ve been playing M25 a lot lately. The day Madden comes out is like a holiday for me. The lack of videos, and even screenshots tells me not much has changed, especially in franchise. I’ve had every Madden since the start. Just not worth it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaunhill256 08-18-2020 11:36 AM

I wonder if in franchise u can put controller in middle?

Darth Aegis 08-18-2020 12:12 PM

There was a thread about beta gameplay feedback already (not hard to find). I've played the beta & it played different from 20. Definitely thought it was an improvement. I think it would be some what of a disservice to yourself just watching a video on youtube tbh. I mean people love the show & talk about how amazing it is. Coming from someone that hasn't played the show since 18, I would see a video on youtube of the latest & it looks just like every other yr & I say meh baseball. Of course it's all going to come down to which side of the spectrum/mindset you have when it comes to Madden.