Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Schnnaidt1's Madden 21 Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=974396)

schnaidt1 08-20-2020 05:17 PM

Schnnaidt1's Madden 21 Sliders

Whats up everyone!! I'm back for another year of making sliders for Madden. As I have for the last few years, these are based off pro, I encourage you to not dismiss these just because they are in pro (see my nba 2k slider thread)

These are also not 100% set in stone as everyone's skill level is different. Making small changes here and there to cater to your needs is perfectly fine.

5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR FRANCHISE EXPERIENCE

https://youtu.be/u_mGsxwX-WI

UPDATED: 11/3/2020

Okay guys, I've released a small update that has improved the gameplay significantly. Not enough changes to warrant a new video, Ill probably hold off on that until we get the franchise patch.

1. Cpu was running too many slants, turning nfl playbooks on in the main menu and in franchise has really helped alleviate that. P.s. you have to turn it on before every game in franchise at the uniform select screen

2. Cpu completion percentages were starting to climb too high, this was due to the fatigue at 60, lowering it back to 55 has helped tighten up coverage.

3. Lowered cpu fumble down to 55. Let's face it, cpu running backs were missing too many holes and juking the wrong way, lowering this has helped correct that, cpu ball carriers are more dangerous now.

4. Raise cpu INT to 70. The last update made cpu defenders have stone hands, this change has allowed them to catch the ball again, it's also tightened up coverage a little bit.

5. Lower offsides to 75, false start to 70 and raise holding to 75. These 3 sliders work together, this change was to address 1 thing and 1 thing only. User sack totals. As you all know, I DO NOT have the cpu drop back issue with my set, however as a user, it was a bit too easy to get pressure that lead to sacks, like leading the league in sacks by a long shot. This balancing act has created a much more realistic outcome with sacks.

Curious how these play?? Check it out!!

https://youtu.be/ik2PRozaBzs

HOUSE RULES

Spoiler

For those of you who prefer to watch the slider set up, I made a video for you here:

https://youtu.be/KUtZbSB8E5I

Main Menu Settings:

Spoiler

Main Menu Sliders:

Set all USER and CPU sliders to 0 EXCEPT for special teams.

Main Menu Penalties

Max them all out to 99
Turn off Ineligible man downfield

CFM Settings

Spoiler

This part is big

Cpu qbs need help in Madden 21, they need help scrambling and need help to throw the ball down the field more which will lead to lower completion %s.

In order for this to happen, QB edits are needed. I created a video showing you exactly what to do.

https://youtu.be/FAeFEgpjLcg

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

schnaidt1 08-21-2020 04:57 PM

Re: Schnnaidt1's Madden 21 Sliders

This is some very early Gameplay of where I'm currently at. Qb accuracy for both user and cpu being the biggest issue so far.

https://youtu.be/Cn9ksSRP6o8

schnaidt1 08-21-2020 11:05 PM

Totally off topic... But... I'm crazy surprised at how fun the yard is. Not being a Mut player, it can be hard keeping interest in Madden Franchise since it's so stale.... This will actually give me something else to do in Madden to go along with Franchise.

Don't get me wrong, i still wish they had used the resources on franchise mode though lol.

schnaidt1 08-23-2020 09:36 PM

Just a quick update. I did quite a bit of testing, I'll do more Tuesday. But I won't be releasing anything until after Fridays patch.

I will post Gameplay of my progress. Qb accuracy for both user and cpu is my kryptonite currently.

tuckermaine 08-25-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnaidt1 (Post 2050186603)
Just a quick update. I did quite a bit of testing, I'll do more Tuesday. But I won't be releasing anything until after Fridays patch.

I will post Gameplay of my progress. Qb accuracy for both user and cpu is my kryptonite currently.

Game downloaded Midnight- EA slowed down the pace ( which I love), players feel weighted..I plugged in my sliders from 20 and it’s seems fine but I’ll be keeping an eye out for yours. My preference will be a little different as I coach mode and Cpu vs Cpu games but Cpu sliders are always a focus ...always Looking to improve...

By the way Your NBA 2k sliders are the bomb ...be looking for you when 21 comes out ...

schnaidt1 08-25-2020 05:16 PM

Hey Everyone, I am looking for some testers for the BETA version of my sliders...if you are interested...check the OP. please post all feedback here.

Thank you!!!

TCrouch 08-26-2020 03:20 PM

I was super skeptical of these when I read the changes and setting the CFM to Pro, but a little about me...sorry about the (likely) length of this.

I already played a full season + so far with the Raiders. I played every down in every preseason, regular season, and playoff game. I hardly ever hot route, don't call "money" plays, and I just look for competitive games with the CPU. I don't switch-and-catch on either offense or defense--but I do user-lurk as a LB or DB to force turnovers. Even after the CPU catches the ball, I don't switch--I have to take the angle or chase the play down myself (my own house rules).

I found with the new weapon Ruggs and his 98 spd, the Raiders were almost unstoppable on offense if I called my own plays. Didn't matter what I called--if Ruggs was on a simple slant/drag, he'd outrun everybody for 20 to 30 yards per snap. I would go stretches of games averaging 11+ yards per play, but I wanted to finish the season out before messing with anything. I finished the first season breaking the TD passes record (by 1), the Rushing yardage record (by 500 yards), 2 scores off the rushing TD record, and Ruggs broke every receiving record (catches, yards, TDs) by a mile.

To make it sillier, Maxx Crosby broke the single season sack record by 7 (29), and the season was a cakewalk at 19-0 (after going 2-2 in preseason, oddly). I REALLY like the new rush mechanics, but once you get on a roll...it's very tough to stop it. You can just set up offensive linemen like puppets--forcing them one way, spinning outside. It was very cool, and the most fun I've had rushing the passer ever--and I've been playing Madden since the original release on PC.

Anyway...I am a lifelong Raiders fan who is transplanted in Houston, so the Texans are my "second" team. So I was hunting around for sliders this morning to see what guys were doing, and stumbled across these. I decided to start a Texans franchise, sim the preseason, and just dive in to the regular season using the "Pro" version. Which, again, I was very skeptical of.

I'm not anymore. I went with 100% "recommended" plays (with the occasional need to go to a dive or something better for a 3rd and 1 when they're recommending 5 wide streaks lol), and the first 2 regular season games have been stellar.

Against the Chiefs, I think I had a total of 112 offensive snaps, but the game was very believable as it played out.

Mahomes: 23 of 32, 266 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Watson: 22 of 30, 230 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

D. Williams: 13 carries, 55 yards (4.2 avg)

I over-used Duke Johnson (25 carries, 122 yards, 4.9 avg), and had some runs with Watson (6 for 34 and 2 TDs) that helped turn a 10-3 deficit into a 31-10 win. Ball control, pounded the rock, and just didn't give the ball back to KC to put it away.

But against the Ravens, I split carries almost evenly between HB1 and HB2 (I put HB2 as both 3rd down and power HB depth chart sub). Duke had 16 for 84 and a TD, while David Johnson had 15 for 61 and 1 TD. I spread the ball around (6 catches for Fells, 8 for cooks, 5 for Stills, 5 for Fuller, 4 for David Johnson, etc.)

What I'm finding AWESOME about these is how much better defense feels. Against the Ravens, I was QB-contain-and-option-cover-QB every snap, which limited Lamar's effectiveness. They still ran the ball, but as long as I didn't let Lamar get the edge, the game always felt "in control". Playing from that zoom camera was cool, too. I don't normally play that way, but especially since I'm playing on CPU in triple screens--it's a "you are there" feeling.

In short...these things gave me great stat distribution, tougher games, and the smaller stuff (like forcing myself to play from zoom) actually made me more efficient in reading safeties and coverage downfield.

I was thinking of trying the beta, but the first version has been so enjoyable, I'm hesitant to change anything :headbang2

schnaidt1 08-26-2020 03:29 PM

Thank you for trying these out... I'm currently working on making the cpu more lethal on offense haha...
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCrouch (Post 2050190020)
I was super skeptical of these when I read the changes and setting the CFM to Pro, but a little about me...sorry about the (likely) length of this.

I already played a full season + so far with the Raiders. I played every down in every preseason, regular season, and playoff game. I hardly ever hot route, don't call "money" plays, and I just look for competitive games with the CPU. I don't switch-and-catch on either offense or defense--but I do user-lurk as a LB or DB to force turnovers. Even after the CPU catches the ball, I don't switch--I have to take the angle or chase the play down myself (my own house rules).

I found with the new weapon Ruggs and his 98 spd, the Raiders were almost unstoppable on offense if I called my own plays. Didn't matter what I called--if Ruggs was on a simple slant/drag, he'd outrun everybody for 20 to 30 yards per snap. I would go stretches of games averaging 11+ yards per play, but I wanted to finish the season out before messing with anything. I finished the first season breaking the TD passes record (by 1), the Rushing yardage record (by 500 yards), 2 scores off the rushing TD record, and Ruggs broke every receiving record (catches, yards, TDs) by a mile.

To make it sillier, Maxx Crosby broke the single season sack record by 7 (29), and the season was a cakewalk at 19-0 (after going 2-2 in preseason, oddly). I REALLY like the new rush mechanics, but once you get on a roll...it's very tough to stop it. You can just set up offensive linemen like puppets--forcing them one way, spinning outside. It was very cool, and the most fun I've had rushing the passer ever--and I've been playing Madden since the original release on PC.

Anyway...I am a lifelong Raiders fan who is transplanted in Houston, so the Texans are my "second" team. So I was hunting around for sliders this morning to see what guys were doing, and stumbled across these. I decided to start a Texans franchise, sim the preseason, and just dive in to the regular season using the "Pro" version. Which, again, I was very skeptical of.

I'm not anymore. I went with 100% "recommended" plays (with the occasional need to go to a dive or something better for a 3rd and 1 when they're recommending 5 wide streaks lol), and the first 2 regular season games have been stellar.

Against the Chiefs, I think I had a total of 112 offensive snaps, but the game was very believable as it played out.

Mahomes: 23 of 32, 266 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Watson: 22 of 30, 230 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

D. Williams: 13 carries, 55 yards (4.2 avg)

I over-used Duke Johnson (25 carries, 122 yards, 4.9 avg), and had some runs with Watson (6 for 34 and 2 TDs) that helped turn a 10-3 deficit into a 31-10 win. Ball control, pounded the rock, and just didn't give the ball back to KC to put it away.

But against the Ravens, I split carries almost evenly between HB1 and HB2 (I put HB2 as both 3rd down and power HB depth chart sub). Duke had 16 for 84 and a TD, while David Johnson had 15 for 61 and 1 TD. I spread the ball around (6 catches for Fells, 8 for cooks, 5 for Stills, 5 for Fuller, 4 for David Johnson, etc.)

What I'm finding AWESOME about these is how much better defense feels. Against the Ravens, I was QB-contain-and-option-cover-QB every snap, which limited Lamar's effectiveness. They still ran the ball, but as long as I didn't let Lamar get the edge, the game always felt "in control". Playing from that zoom camera was cool, too. I don't normally play that way, but especially since I'm playing on CPU in triple screens--it's a "you are there" feeling.

In short...these things gave me great stat distribution, tougher games, and the smaller stuff (like forcing myself to play from zoom) actually made me more efficient in reading safeties and coverage downfield.

I was thinking of trying the beta, but the first version has been so enjoyable, I'm hesitant to change anything :headbang2