Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 21 Sales Improve 20 Percent Year-Over-Year in its First Week, More Than 17 Million Games Played in The Yard (/forums/showthread.php?t=975257)

m29a 09-03-2020 11:24 AM

Madden NFL 21 Sales Improve 20 Percent Year-Over-Year in its First Week, More Than 17 Million Games Played in The Yard

Madden NFL 21 is sitting pretty after its first week of sales. An improvement of 20%...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

stinkubus 09-03-2020 11:25 AM

Week One Madden Sales up 20% vs. Last Year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm..._disappointing

The people have spoken with their wallets.

The full press release: https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pre...r/default.aspx

Madden08PCgmr 09-03-2020 11:31 AM

Re: Week One Madden Sales up 20% vs. Last Year.

Covid.. people not working.. kids not in school.

Not surprised in the least.

A_ZomBevo 09-03-2020 11:32 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Sees Strong First Week Unit Sales up Nearly 20 Percent Year-Over-Ye

Honestly, I'm not surprised because more people at home meaning more potential sales.

Reed1417 09-03-2020 11:33 AM

Yeah none of this is a surprise to me given the current world situation. People need a escape and even better if it comes in the form of video games and sports. I have my own opinions about people playing/not playing the game but that's not for this thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RubberSoul 09-03-2020 11:36 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Sees Strong First Week Unit Sales up Nearly 20 Percent Year-Over-Ye

Well that’s disappointing. Apparently the shield sells no matter what despite negative reviews and all.

This is my first year not buying Madden since 1997.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T4VERTS 09-03-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr (Post 2050199171)
Covid.. people not working.. kids not in school.

Not surprised in the least.

All video games should be up 20% year over year then, right? I mean COVID...people not working...kids not in school impacts them all too.

Come on, the excuses need to stop. I have gotten hammered for a week trying to explain, based on conversations from inside EA, that the hashtags and review bombing aren't indicative of what "main street" thinks. Hardcore social media users are a microscopic piece of the entire Madden community. Living in an echo chamber is a serious issue today in general, and the hardcore Madden community is no different.

I love franchise, and the graphic they tweeted earlier showing engagement is up 49% is a good sign. I keep harping that people think it is money that is holding franchise back but it has been horrible engagement numbers actually doing that from what I have heard. If engagement is up this year it will help reaffirm their position in investing in the mode going forward.

YabaDaba 09-03-2020 11:41 AM

Well, congratulations to the executives who are gonna get a bonus check.

Edit: EA is great at PR. They are touting a 20% increase in “sell-through”, meaning retail copies sold as a ratio of what was shipped to retailers.

Last year, EA touted that more than half of first week sales were digital. Digital sales don’t apply to the retail sell-through counts. Between the pandemic and general user trend toward digital, the question is did EA ship as many copies as they normally do, and how does that factor into their formulas.

Either way, sales being up 20% year over year isn’t actually what they are claiming.