Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE RAW & Smackdown September Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=975306)

UFCMPunk 09-03-2020 08:28 PM

WWE RAW & Smackdown September Thread

The road to Clash of Champions is under way as August saw Jeff Hardy beat AJ Styles to become the Intercontinental Champion. Who was then confronted by the return of the (real? Former?) Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn. Did The Fiend ruin a friendship between Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross? The Big Dog shocked everyone with a new advocate by his side and won back the Universal Championship that he never lost.

On RAW, Drew McIntyre successfully defeated Randy Orton to retain the WWE Championship at Summerslam. Orton got revenge by warming up his leg for the football season and Punting Drew McIntyre into no man's land. Will he be cleared in time to face the Viper at Clash of Champions? What's next for the Limitless one after his attempt to become number one contender fell short? Who will step up to challenge Asuka for the RAW Women's Championship? Who will step foot inside RAW Underground next, and will Seth Rollins ever tell us what "For The Greater Good" means?

WWE is advertising the following for Smackdown tomorrow night:

- Universal Champion Roman Reigns alongside Paul Heyman will address the WWE Universe as we look to get some answers on this unlikely alliance.

- Bayley & Sasha get a Tag Team Championship Rematch as they look to win back the titles from the unlikely pairing of Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler.

- Big E, Matt Riddle, Sheamus & King Corbin clash in a Fatal 4 Way to determine Roman Reigns' opponent for his Universal Championship defense at Clash of Champions.

Majingir 09-03-2020 08:30 PM

Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown September Thread

Riddle vs Reigns is the match I could see at first. Especially with Riddles MMA background, we could see Heyman cut promos on him.

Majingir 09-04-2020 04:38 PM

With AOP being released and Rollins soon to turn on Murphy, I wonder what their plan for Rollins will be next.

UFCMPunk 09-04-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2050201044)
With AOP being released and Rollins soon to turn on Murphy, I wonder what their plan for Rollins will be next.

Nothing, go home and be a Daddy that's the plan. I can't imagine he'll be around past Survivor Series with Becky due in December.

Majingir 09-04-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCMPunk (Post 2050201179)
Nothing, go home and be a Daddy that's the plan. I can't imagine he'll be around past Survivor Series with Becky due in December.

Maybe be part time for WM season then written off?

I hope they write him off entirely though. I hate the "reality era" where people just get announced as being out due to injury or whatever. What happened to someone getting beaten down, run over by a car, getting suspended? Better than some .com announcement.

Maybe if he is written off soon, we have Mysterio vs Rollins in a Careers vs career match? If Rollins wins, Rey retires and Doms career is over before it gets started. If Mysterios wins, Rollins is gone

TheMatrix31 09-04-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2050201205)
Maybe be part time for WM season then written off?

I hope they write him off entirely though. I hate the "reality era" where people just get announced as being out due to injury or whatever. What happened to someone getting beaten down, run over by a car, getting suspended? Better than some .com announcement.

Maybe if he is written off soon, we have Mysterio vs Rollins in a Careers vs career match? If Rollins wins, Rey retires and Doms career is over before it gets started. If Mysterios wins, Rollins is gone

Yeah, it's the problem with everyone knowing/wanting to know everything.

UFCMPunk 09-04-2020 08:45 PM

Sheamus just took out Big E before the Fatal 4 Way match.... which is very smart. When I saw the participants, I said damn they are going to rush Big E vs Roman. I think you gotta save Big E for the Rumble and let him win the whole Royal Rumble then challenge Roman at Mania.

Majingir 09-04-2020 09:04 PM

That Heyman/Reigns promo was great. I think Heyman had a better promo behind Reigns than he did with Lesnar.

Reigns having his "corporate rock" moment. This should be fun.

One of those promos you wish they had a crowd for. That line about "Anderson Cooper and Carmellas LATEST boyfriend" was funny.

That Reigns/Uso promo makes me wonder what's gonna happen. Reigns rejecting the Usos, reveal he's been using Heyman?

Morrison stole the MITB briefcase. I'd be perfectly fine with him beating Otis for the contract. I want to see Morrison as the champ. Morrison vs McIntyre maybe?