Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K21 Gameplay - Dallas Mavericks at Philadelphia 76ers (Full Game) (/forums/showthread.php?t=975317)

ChaseB 09-04-2020 12:16 AM

NBA 2K21 Gameplay - Dallas Mavericks at Philadelphia 76ers (Full Game)

For those who want to see some more "sim" gameplay that goes beyond what you've played...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ID-zhwWl6sI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you like videos like these, by all means feel free to like and subscribe to the OS YouTube channel. Thanks for all the love!

mvpdirk 09-04-2020 03:10 AM

Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay - Dallas Mavericks at Philadelphia 76ers (Full Game)

Some nice animations here, but some suspect play. I’m a Mavs fan, and there were WAY too many times where Luka was playing off ball. He’d get the rebound and pass off, then run to the corner. Would happen 1 in 100 times, if that. I’d like to see a bit more of him off-ball IRL, but for now the AI play in the game is not accurate.
I’m sure it’s able to be tweaked in tendencies - but it shouldn’t have to be. Luka would have one of the highest usage rates in the league.

Goffs 09-04-2020 04:24 AM

CHARGE THE DUALSHOCK!

segarr 09-04-2020 04:56 AM

They really didn't touch the graphics one iotta this year except for next-gen versions I guess. I mean lets be real aside from the amount of sweat and some slight lighting tweaks every year this series didn't really improve technically since 2K14. I know it was all one console generation but I just find it hard to believe they maxxed out those consoles on their first try.

Tbh though I didn't have a problem with it until this year's edition. I think the gameplay kept me interested enough to look forward to each year's version but this year not even that has me interested. The additions are just too bare bones this year to justify the full 60$ price tag.

I am really at a crossroads though with the whole gaming industry at this point. The focus on chasing that little kid Fortnite/Fall Guys money is just too much for me. I hate how everything has to be "social" and "community driven". All of it is to just prove how you are better than other people. Social media=show off you have what others don't or complain at people who are somehow "worse" than you. Battle Royale games=beat everyone else to stand in a winners circle and do some stupid little dance to show off that you are the best.

If the next-gen version leans even more in that direction with the "park playground gym neighborhood" direction where it's all about customizing your appearance and gaining higher stats, once again, to prove your superiority, and then have idiotic dancing and taunting emotes (they don't even save that crap for after the game anymore they have to make it so you are cornballing while playing basketball)--I'm just going to skip on out of gaming unto it gets to a better place. And I NEVER thought I would outgrow gaming but the little kid social online showoff stuff--I have zero interest in it

THIS is the image I get in my head when I think of modern gaming. YouTube "influences" who acted hyped at the stupidest crap in games and actually influenced the industry to move more towards chasing their viewers dollars. And just so you know, he only plays that silly neighborhood mode for about 7 hours straight in the video I got that image from

ChaseB 09-04-2020 05:37 AM

To be fair, that's the face Troydan makes like 50% of the time even when he's not doing it for a thumbnail. The man just likes to do faces.

ataman5 09-04-2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by segarr (Post 2050200417)
They really didn't touch the graphics one iotta this year except for next-gen versions I guess. I mean lets be real aside from the amount of sweat and some slight lighting tweaks every year this series didn't really improve technically since 2K14. I know it was all one console generation but I just find it hard to believe they maxxed out those consoles on their first try.

Tbh though I didn't have a problem with it until this year's edition. I think the gameplay kept me interested enough to look forward to each year's version but this year not even that has me interested. The additions are just too bare bones this year to justify the full 60$ price tag.

I am really at a crossroads though with the whole gaming industry at this point. The focus on chasing that little kid Fortnite/Fall Guys money is just too much for me. I hate how everything has to be "social" and "community driven". All of it is to just prove how you are better than other people. Social media=show off you have what others don't or complain at people who are somehow "worse" than you. Battle Royale games=beat everyone else to stand in a winners circle and do some stupid little dance to show off that you are the best.

If the next-gen version leans even more in that direction with the "park playground gym neighborhood" direction where it's all about customizing your appearance and gaining higher stats, once again, to prove your superiority, and then have idiotic dancing and taunting emotes (they don't even save that crap for after the game anymore they have to make it so you are cornballing while playing basketball)--I'm just going to skip on out of gaming unto it gets to a better place. And I NEVER thought I would outgrow gaming but the little kid social online showoff stuff--I have zero interest in it

THIS is the image I get in my head when I think of modern gaming. YouTube "influences" who acted hyped at the stupidest crap in games and actually influenced the industry to move more towards chasing their viewers dollars. And just so you know, he only plays that silly neighborhood mode for about 7 hours straight in the video I got that image from

Yes, things you pointed out in bold is what i also agree on. There is a big massive STUPIDITY taking all over the world and ofcourse gaming along.

tril 09-04-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

this right here is spot on.
Looking for gameplay footage this is all I see. very few post about the sim aspect.
Unfortunately what you stated is accurate. Sports gaming has devolved to micro-transactions and my player modes.

With that said Im still purchasing 2k21 today.

m29a 09-04-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Well, it has to do with them targeting a higher frame rate (60) compared to most other games. Many other AAA games can look better because they're often half the frame rate which allows a lot more headroom for graphical fidelity. A basketball game running at 30 would feel more sluggish and delayed which wouldn't feel as good to play. Let's be real, they're dealing with the base consoles as the baseline which is aging 7 years old tech at this point.