Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Holy controls (/forums/showthread.php?t=975367)

zpq12 09-04-2020 07:57 PM

Holy controls

I’ve put in a fair amount of work over the years to get a handle on the controls. I can usually understand the concepts even if I can’t string them together in an impressive manner. These controls are WTF. Even simple stuff is really tripping me up. Worse than that, i don’t think it’s my shoddy stick skills always, it’s that I’m not understanding how to use the buttons. I searched and no one had put together a controls guide as they have in the past(I know, it’s literally day one)

For starters, reverse layup. The little tutorial shows that you should drive, and press the right sticks back to the right, or in the example, the direction from which you’re coming. Because of this shot stick business, it doesn’t want you to do that because then it’s an offline shot. What am I supposed to do? I thought maybe it was just something with the demo.

The above problem seems to be a problem throughout the move set. Use the right stick to shoot by aiming up and deflected....which is an offline shot.

The half spin stop. Ball in right hand, right stick to the right and the quarter rotation to the top? Nope. Just a layup every time. Is there a timing component? I know you have to have the ball in the correct hand. Seems like a pretty simple maneuver.

Does anyone have a good handle?