Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K21 Shot Stick Tutorial for Aiming, Courtesy At Me Bro (/forums/showthread.php?t=975688)

ChaseB 09-09-2020 06:31 PM

NBA 2K21 Shot Stick Tutorial for Aiming, Courtesy At Me Bro

There is a new NBA 2K21 shot stick tutorial that was posted by Books Nelson (At...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2cT2OVZKVmE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

manu1433 09-10-2020 03:51 PM

Re: NBA 2K21 Shot Stick Tutorial for Aiming, Courtesy At Me Bro

If it takes 20+ minutes to explain pulling down on an analog stick, then 2k has failed as a dev team.

No amount of tutorials will fix this trash mechanic.

loso_34 09-10-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu1433 (Post 2050207469)
If it takes 20+ minutes to explain pulling down on an analog stick, then 2k has failed as a dev team.

No amount of tutorials will fix this trash mechanic.

you should have watched before commenting. he just gave 5 pointers that he could have summer up in a minute if there was a rush.

this video made sense of the shot stick for me

COMMISSIONERHBK9 09-10-2020 05:24 PM

This was very helpful. Another thing i notice is when i do shoot ok and i go into another mode and my shooting is bad i go and look at the settings and for some reason the diffculity is put on hall of fame. Idk why that happen i think its a glitch. The game put you on the highest setting

Erithtotl 09-10-2020 06:52 PM

No complaints about someone trying to help people get better.

That said, his main tip is 'stare at the shot meter, even before it pops up'. This might be good advice, but also just emphasizes one of the issues . A lot of people hate meters because they break immersion and rather than watch your character and the animations you are looking at a meter. This just makes that worse.

I'm curious, are people seeing others be successful with the shot aiming? I've played about 30 games of rec so far and maybe %5 of the people are using it and of those %0 are successful.

bevofrancis 09-11-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erithtotl (Post 2050207633)
No complaints about someone trying to help people get better.

That said, his main tip is 'stare at the shot meter, even before it pops up'. This might be good advice, but also just emphasizes one of the issues . A lot of people hate meters because they break immersion and rather than watch your character and the animations you are looking at a meter. This just makes that worse.

I'm curious, are people seeing others be successful with the shot aiming? I've played about 30 games of rec so far and maybe %5 of the people are using it and of those %0 are successful.

I have only seen I think 1 other person use it in rec in 15 games or so. I tried it tonight for the first time and went 19-21 from 3 over 3 rec games. I had been shooting 40% using the button but gave it a try after playing around with it in my court. It's way too easy to shoot with. Hopefully no one else starts using it. If they do it'll get a major nerf soon.

I don't even look at the meter. Just push straight down and if you get even close with aiming and slightly late early or excellent with the trigger for timing it goes in. Way easier to use for running shots too. I really thought I would never use it but it's crazy how much more of a boost it gives compared to using the button.

BOSsTOwN 09-11-2020 02:04 AM

I downloaded demo started shooting around then uninstalled it

wimp14 09-11-2020 07:04 PM

I'm sorry but I really hate this new shot stick.
getting open should be the only hard part. I just want to play not spend hours practicing how to shot. SMH at the guy who said it would be fun to make shooting really hard.