Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   All pro vs All Madden in user only CFM question (/forums/showthread.php?t=975958)

timmg 09-15-2020 06:55 AM

All pro vs All Madden in user only CFM question

What are the differences in gameplay, in every CFM I've played in its always All pro. I've always heard All Madden the players play above their ratings, is this true? Those in online user only CFM is the game play still solid?

MizzouRah 09-15-2020 08:12 AM

Re: All pro vs All Madden in user only CFM question

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmg (Post 2050211558)
What are the differences in gameplay, in every CFM I've played in its always All pro. I've always heard All Madden the players play above their ratings, is this true? Those in online user only CFM is the game play still solid?

So far yes.. but I need to play more games.

Aestis 09-15-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

If you value the closest Madden can come to NFL gameplay, AM is the only way to go really. There's not a good argument for AP.

That's a trigger-answer "WE DO!!" for a lot of leagues but really shouldn't be. There are good reasons not to value this above all else, including:

- Your league plays shorter quarters with a lot fewer snaps than an NFL game, and thus needs gameplay to be a lot more offensive. AP can help lead to the right amount of scoring & yardage off a lot fewer plays by making offense much easier than it is in the NFL.

- You have less skilled users overall. Again, get past the trigger-answer and be honest. It really doesn't matter where a league stacks up vs others skill-wise, all that matters is a good experience for your 32 users. AM will require sharper reads. It's tougher, and even good users will throw more INTs than an NFL QB because it's tough and we don't make NFL-QB reads.

- Your league values the Skill vs Skill aspect above all else. AP Comp mode is going to be a much better opportunity for skill expression than AM Sim mode with custom sliders.

- Total stats (not gameplay) are extremely important to you. In other words, you care about total passing yards looking normal, sack #s & INT #s looking normal, etc. You want an avg of 250 yds passing and it doesn't matter to you if that's off 11 completions. You just can't stand seeing sack & INT leaders blow away NFL records, even if that's because users are making poor decisions vs more realistic defenses.

- Your league is a user/CPU hybrid league and hates the way playing AM CPU plays (because it is much different than user v user games).

Those are 5 GOOD reasons to not value NFL realism in your league, just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are others. Be truthful about what you're going for as a league, and then stick to that.

Madden08PCgmr 09-15-2020 11:46 AM

Sorry.. disregard.. user V user..

khaliib 09-15-2020 12:33 PM

97% under-the-hood values are exactly the same between All-Pro & All-Madden

The other other 3% of differences are with “slight” differences in...
- Kicking aspects
- weather (mainly rain affects with player/ball etc)
- Player movement (LOS Pass Rush delays, Break-on-Ball, WR get-off etc)
- Penalty

Sabo would know this more than me, but I don’t remember seeing separate gameplay aspects in Lua/AI Adaptive Scripts.

BROman 09-15-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

They do, and AM will force you to adjust what you do, but you'll get the hang of it. Work on some trial and error stuff in exhibition or practice mode before you step things up in CFM- that's helped me a lot.

Aestis 09-15-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2050211797)

- Kicking aspects
- Penalty

Sabo would know this more than me, but I don’t remember seeing separate gameplay aspects in Lua/AI Adaptive Scripts.

I'm sure this is true, but is in danger of being quite misleading since slight changes in values in the above bolded line (which itself is quite broad) can impact outcomes meaningfully, which changes incentives & thus impacts User v User gameplay meaningfully (e.g. the difference between a difficult downfield corner route being typically caught for 20 yds vs typically just barely triggering a tip animation for an incompletion).

Darth Aegis 09-15-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2050211797)

- Kicking aspects
- Penalty

Also the user (player their controlling) receives boosting no matter the level (speed, acceleration, tackling ect). So I think that's why in part why All pro becomes to easy vs CPU. So depending on who the user controls it will give the user a boost & most likely an advantage on All Pro at times imo. I haven't been able to look under the hood this yr since modding M21 gameplay isn't an option at the moment but I'll be surprised if any thing is different this yr.