Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Will the new momentum transitions be made public or are only gas getting guides? (/forums/showthread.php?t=976110)

1212headkick 09-22-2020 04:10 PM

Re: Will the new momentum transitions be made public or are only gas getting guides?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boiler569 (Post 2050218618)
We are missing the point here guys.

Can we create a community guide on all momentum transitions???????

:y7::y7::y7:

:nchuck:

Theres more stuff thats unreleased regardless of whatever falsehood your told.

Boiler569 09-22-2020 04:43 PM

Re: Will the new momentum transitions be made public or are only gas getting guides?

don't really care I whoop just about everyone, but I do really want to know all 40 of the momentum transitions allegedly in-game haha maybe a GCer will do a video soon (ROMERO????)

Good Grappler 09-22-2020 06:13 PM

I haven’t read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been resolved.

But I think 1212headkick’s plight is that there are several moves, tactics, and mechanics in the game which the general public is unaware of.

And these aren’t just trivial moves and mechanics - they’re presence is extremely significant, and can completely reshape the way players approach gameplay.

Yes, we are provided with extremely basic guides, covering striking, clinching, takedowns and grappling. But these only cover the ABSOLUTE basics, such as controller inputs.

Take the clinch guide for example. It doesn’t even mention that the submissive fighter can transition after being clinched, so long as it is before they get knee’d. There’s NOTHING on how to reverse position from standing backpack - which apparently is possible.

1212headkick 09-22-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Grappler (Post 2050219201)
I haven’t read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been resolved.

But I think 1212headkick’s plight is that there are several moves, tactics, and mechanics in the game which the general public is unaware of.

And these aren’t just trivial moves and mechanics - they’re presence is extremely significant, and can completely reshape the way players approach gameplay.

Yes, we are provided with extremely basic guides, covering striking, clinching, takedowns and grappling. But these only cover the ABSOLUTE basics, such as controller inputs.

Take the clinch guide for example. It doesn’t even mention that the submissive fighter can transition after being clinched, so long as it is before they get knee’d. There’s NOTHING on how to reverse position from standing backpack - which apparently is possible.

Someone with a brain.

Evil97 09-23-2020 12:17 AM

I'm sorry, but at some point you just need to explore on your own. Hit up practice mode and spar/watch/chat with other high level players. A big patch is dropping and you are essentially just aiming at a moving target. Who knows, you may be the first to discover something that the best players will still need to learn and/or improve on.

ryangil23 09-23-2020 12:34 AM

People here complaining that they aren’t told what to press to do things and I’m doing them sometimes and have no clue how I did it. I try a body punch and all of a sudden I’ve drove them to the cage, picked them up and slammed them to the ground lol

Boiler569 09-23-2020 09:41 AM

tbh this knowledge gap IS a real issue but i don't think it's malicious so to speak ... i.e. GameChangers have secret knowledge they only share at 2:00 AM each night of a Full Moon when sacrificing bats or some **** lmao

But there IS a lot of arcane knowledge of the game that really needs to be exposed by multiple content creators. I try to point things out on my twitch stream but that's only 5 to 25 people watching ahhaha :)

Besides all the new stuff for UFC 4, there are a lot of little things from UFC 2 and UFC 3 that were patched-in but never really formalized, or you just wouldn't know about unless you're a super hardcore and read this forum every day for years like a few of us lol ....or are a gamechanger of course.

EA took a step in the right direction expanding the tutorial/practice mode/etc. this year but they need to double that effort to really make a breakthrough ... and hopefully we will get some really in-depth youtube videos/etc. from the community (we already have many, which explain most of this stuff, but more always helps especially as this game gets patched and changes)