Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball (/forums/showthread.php?t=976178)

TheFgGoatLikesHawks 09-19-2020 07:18 AM

Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

Realistic basketball is dead with 2K. That is all.

This game used to have a little bit of respect. Visual Concepts and 2K used to have a little bit of respect and integrity. I have zero respect for either anymore. We've been sold out. Every year it's the same bs with this game. It's become predictable. Take our money, then have open ears to the 12 yr olds on Twitter or YouTube crying about shooting, and then give them their pacifier so 2K doesn't get "bad PR".

The shooting hotfix killed this game.

Don't tell me this game is anywhere near realistic when I just literally witnessed about 30 contested/hand in face shots go in Rec. It's a joke at that point. Give someone a money jumpshot, wait a few weeks for their OP badges, and it's over. This is why NBA 2K League is a joke too. Same meta of bs basketball. None of these clowns even ball irl or even know real strategy. They're 2K heads not basketball heads.

When absolute bums can green shots no matter the defense, it's over. This game has had that problem for 4 years. Your community is twitter, period. If you are a sim player who has once ounce of understanding of real basketball, 2K couldn't care less about you. This forum is the last of Sim ball but it's on deaf ears. 2K literally is EA Live when they got cocky. Now I see why Scott O'Gallagher went back. He sees where this is headed. Hopefully the new NBA Live becomes the old 2K.

I can't believe people wager money over this trash.

AstrosAllDay85 09-19-2020 07:36 AM

Re: Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

I’ve said this before but just to reiterate.........

You don’t play online and expect realistic sim basketball.......that is all 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheFgGoatLikesHawks 09-19-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85 (Post 2050216027)
I’ve said this before but just to reiterate.........

You don’t play online and expect realistic sim basketball.......that is all ����*♂️

Why shouldn't I? I expect a realistic environment, not realistic playing humans. 2K controls the environment/physics/how successful actions are rewarded or punished. I expect 2K to not sell their soul to casuals. This game is in desperate need of competition. Hopefully EA gets their head out of their azzes and NBA Live comes back just for that reason, to remind 2K who they were and that they can get knocked off because they knocked off the top dog. If you think 2K gives one ounce of crap about the Sim community you're mistaken. They've gone all in, gone full-arcade. Can't even respect this company anymore.

Vroman 09-19-2020 08:36 AM

They made it harder (near impossible) to balance gameplay by themselves with the convoluted mechanics.

now look at what what decides shot success :
1)shooting ratings
2)jumpshot signature style green window
3)cold/hot zones
4)Stick release boost or no meter boost
5)All the shooting badges at 4 different levels and dimer badge
6)Shooting boost from kiosk in Mycareer.

how the hell there can by any balance at all in this mess ?!
Even if Devs genuinely care to make the best balance its simply IMPOSSIBLE to calculate fair chances in all the possible combinations.

alabamarob 09-19-2020 09:03 AM

Yet. I still have no had a game over 30 percent from 3. I miss every contested shot i take.

Gramps91 09-19-2020 09:03 AM

I've been playing 2k11 lol, I still love that game. My biggest problem with 2k for the last few years has been the defensive A.I. There is no help defense. To be honest with you, I really liked 2k17, even though I thought it seemed a bit too easy. I go back and forth play 11 and 17.

Really hope things change next gen.

The 24th Letter 09-19-2020 09:51 AM

Thread didn't even take 2 weeks. Called it.

No, it wasn't just Twitter and YouTubers.

In fact, some of the bigger YouTubers advocated hard for keeping the system in place.

Fact is, learning curves are seen as a bad thing these days....and thats been shown throughout the community.

tru11 09-19-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2050216097)
Thread didn't even take 2 weeks. Called it.

No, it wasn't just Twitter and YouTubers.

In fact, some of the bigger YouTubers advocated hard for keeping the system in place.

Fact is, learning curves are seen as a bad thing these days....and thats been shown throughout the community.

Yup.

Told them to wait till people get badges.

Then you will see how easy it is.

Even worse that you can get hotzones playing on pro nd they carryover to jrc and such lol