Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Uploading a new roster file into DB Editor w/o losing changes (/forums/showthread.php?t=976302)

sojiroT 09-21-2020 10:48 PM

Uploading a new roster file into DB Editor w/o losing changes

Wassup thread, I'm using Xan's config and the blue-green EA DB Editor. I've been working on a 2021 High School recruiting class for the last couple of months.

i've been using an earlier 2020 roster from the summer and it's missing JT Daniels, Taulia Tagovailoa, etc. Now I want to download the newest version of the roster.

Is it possible to upload the new roster file into my current DB editor file to keep my recruiting class? Or do I have to export my recruiting class (if that's even possible) somehow and start a new dynasty from scratch?

sojiroT 10-04-2020 07:36 PM

Re: Uploading a new roster file into DB Editor w/o losing changes

^^^^ Bump. Is there a way to upload a new roster into your dynasty file to keep the other tabs (regarding recruiting) unchanged?

JHamilton9 10-05-2020 10:45 PM

It would be easier if you exported your recruiting class into a new dynasty.

If you wanted to import a new roster into your dynasty, you have to be very careful - especially if the new roster is substituting one player for another player that plays a different position. You run the risk of messing up depth charts and statistics, and freezing your dynasty.

sojiroT 10-10-2020 08:44 PM

I see. I'll give that a try!

VTHokie525 10-15-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHamilton9 (Post 2050230718)

If you wanted to import a new roster into your dynasty, you have to be very careful - especially if the new roster is substituting one player for another player that plays a different position. You run the risk of messing up depth charts and statistics, and freezing your dynasty.

Can you import a different roster into a dynasty at the beginning of season 2 or anything beyond that so it won’t mess up depth charts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHamilton9 10-18-2020 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTHokie525 (Post 2050239464)
Can you import a different roster into a dynasty at the beginning of season 2 or anything beyond that so it won’t mess up depth charts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHamilton9 (Post 2050230718)

For example, if the original roster had a middle linebacker, "Joe Smith" with PGID of 7610, and the new roster had a left guard, "Bob Brown" with a PGID of 7610, you're going to mess up the depth charts at the very least.

I'm not sure what else you are asking about.

VTHokie525 10-18-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHamilton9 (Post 2050241270)
For example, if the original roster had a middle linebacker, "Joe Smith" with PGID of 7610, and the new roster had a left guard, "Bob Brown" with a PGID of 7610, you're going to mess up the depth charts at the very least.

I'm not sure what else you are asking about.

Ahh okay. I was just wondering if importing a roster would work if you did it during the off-season vs during the middle of a season but is there any way you can explain to me how to do the face recalculations? I have old rosters that someone has imported from NCAA 10,11, etc but I know the faces cause the game to freeze and I’d really like to get them to work.