Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Big hairstyles causing height differences? (/forums/showthread.php?t=976391)

antdoggydogg 09-23-2020 04:59 PM

Big hairstyles causing height differences?

3 Attachment(s)
Attached images for reference. I played a few games and realized Embiid feels smaller than he should. I've noticed players with big hairstyles like afros are appearing shorter than their actual height. I think this is because when they import the head design, some of the hair is counted as part of the skull height, if that makes sense. If you draw Embiid's skull it should line up with that 7-Foot line on the picture, it currently doesn't unless you give him an alien head. When I watch Embiid play in real life he makes everybody on the court look smaller. And when you grind to get cards like these in MyTeam you kind of feel jipped when you get into a game and something is off about the character, either short wingspans for older players, shorter heights because of their hairstyles, slimmer builds, thicker builds etc.

keshunleon 09-24-2020 11:20 PM

Re: Big hairstyles causing height differences?

Great pics and good catch.

Embiid is much more massive IRL.

This is and has been an issues for years. Players height and weight is all jacked up.
Glen Big Baby Davis was 289 but was the same size as Paul Milsap in the game just like Zion is in the game.

2K needs to have actual heights with and without shoes as well as real editable wingspans.

Gibbonbon 10-12-2020 02:46 AM

An excellent suggestion!

MrWrestling3 10-14-2020 08:18 AM

To quote the classic Chevy Chase film Fletch...."He is actually 6'5"....with the afro 6'9"...."

Nza 10-17-2020 09:03 AM

I agree players like Embiid don't feel realistic in 2K in regards to their size and body type, but what you're showing doesn't seem to affect the shoulder height or anything else beyond the top of the head. Like, if his head is actually shorter under that hair, it isn't pushing his body down to also have shorter shoulders or legs etc, so I don't really think it makes much of an impact in respect to the other 7 footers - he's still a 7 footer in all the other measures compared to those players.

Or in other words, since the rest of the body proportions are the same as the other 7 footers, whether the top of his head is higher or whether he just has longer hair should be basically the same thing visually, so I'm not sure how we can distinguish. If your suggested head edit is accurate, to get the top of his head higher and fix this, they'd probably just make his forehead slightly bigger, which IMO wouldn't make a huge difference overall - he'd still feel too small.

I don't think the biggest problem with Embiid's body is height but more size related - particularly around the waist. He is a bit wider IMO.

antdoggydogg 10-18-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nza (Post 2050240622)
I agree players like Embiid don't feel realistic in 2K in regards to their size and body type, but what you're showing doesn't seem to affect the shoulder height or anything else beyond the top of the head. Like, if his head is actually shorter under that hair, it isn't pushing his body down to also have shorter shoulders or legs etc, so I don't really think it makes much of an impact in respect to the other 7 footers - he's still a 7 footer in all the other measures compared to those players.

Or in other words, since the rest of the body proportions are the same as the other 7 footers, whether the top of his head is higher or whether he just has longer hair should be basically the same thing visually, so I'm not sure how we can distinguish. If your suggested head edit is accurate, to get the top of his head higher and fix this, they'd probably just make his forehead slightly bigger, which IMO wouldn't make a huge difference overall - he'd still feel too small.

I don't think the biggest problem with Embiid's body is height but more size related - particularly around the waist. He is a bit wider IMO.

Good points about the shoulders. Making him wider would definitely make him feel like he has more mass on the court. His shoulders need to be more broad as well. He has a very generic body, that's probably what's throwing this off.