Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   12 years in between no no’s (/forums/showthread.php?t=976529)

Doyoueven85 09-26-2020 05:48 AM

12 years in between no no’s

1 Attachment(s)
It only took me 12 years to throw my second no hitter on the show. I threw one with Tim Wakefield if you can believe it in 08. I faced Oakland, on hall of fame level. I’m sure that one walk will haunt me for the rest of my days lol.

Jhack99 09-26-2020 07:14 AM

Re: 12 years in between no no’s

Congrats. Im not sure how many I have in my endeavoring career, but I'm pretty sure that ever since I moved to Legend difficulty a few years back I haven't had one since. A few one or two hitters, plus Mike Lowes slider set

tril 09-26-2020 07:41 AM

I never had one IN THE SHOW. Ive had plenty of 1 hit games though.
but yeah the 12 year gap... thats how it should be.. very realistic.

TheWarmWind 09-26-2020 10:24 AM

Congratulations!

I've had four (that I can remember), two of which were perfect games.

One was with Johan Santana, and I definitely was not playing at my skill level at the time. Had the settings on too easy AND had force trades on, so I'm not sure it counts. It was a perfect game though, which even on my way to easy settings is difficult.

The other perfect game was also a lefty, this one a callup who pitched a perfect game on his first start ever. He then went on to perform poorly for the rest of his time in my team, got traded, and has had an unremarkable career.

My current ace, Jose Lozano, issued a no-no in 2019 I believe (in game time) while giving up three walks I believe.

My craziest one though? 2012 fantasy draft team (I'm not sure which year I played 2012 for a couple years). Henderson Alvarez playing in an inter-league game pitched that rarest complete game no hit loss while giving up no walks and going 2 for 3 at the plate.

Henderson Alvarez was such a crazy pitcher for me. I once pitched a one hitter throwing nothing but 4-seam fastballs with the exception on one pitch, which was a changeup. Guess which pitch they hit. The dude was full of statistical improbability.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Caulfield 09-26-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyoueven85 (Post 2050222488)
It only took me 12 years to throw my second no hitter on the show. I threw one with Tim Wakefield if you can believe it in 08...

love them knuckleballers, esp. when hitters just can't get solid wood on the ball. I was fairly recently reliving the Orioles glory year on Show 14, facing R.A. Dickey and Toronto, I had Zach Clark going in a rare spot start and we had dueling knuckleball no-hitters going into the 7th, but I stayed with Clark too long. no-hitter or not, I should have pulled him and just been thankful I got 6 great innings from him. instead I pushed him further than he was capable and the Jays plated 4 runs in that 7th. Dickey on the other hand lost his no-hitter and shutout in the 9th when I finally got comfortable facing his wobbler. as for Sale, I wished he'd have stayed his *** in Chicago, he's been a real Oriole killer when I've gone against. seems like everytime the game is halfway over before I get my first hit off him :mad:

bronxbombers21325 09-28-2020 09:03 PM

I’ve never been able to get one in all my years playing The Show. I’ve gotten 2 one hitters. One with Cole in my current franchise. One with Chen Ming Wang back forever ago when he was with the Yankees. I remember that one well because I got to 2 outs in the 9th before they got their first and only knock.

tril 09-29-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325 (Post 2050224912)
I’ve never been able to get one in all my years playing The Show. I’ve gotten 2 one hitters. One with Cole in my current franchise. One with Chen Ming Wang back forever ago when he was with the Yankees. I remember that one well because I got to 2 outs in the 9th before they got their first and only knock.

back in the day I threw plenty of 1-3 hit games with Tim Wakefield. Ive never had a no hitter.