Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Maximum Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=688)
-   -   My impression of this game so far. (/forums/showthread.php?t=976532)

timisone 09-26-2020 11:09 AM

My impression of this game so far.

First off, thank you for this game Spear. I have played 5 or 6 games so far. What I like is the physics of the game, the running, the cpu tackling, the recruiting is fun. Also being to able to customize so much is a great feature. Wish I could customize all the schools features.

What I don't like player control tackling, I just cant tackle anyone, collusion detention, I am walking through players, tables. Lack of sliders, I know there are some, but would like more. Also the fumbles, oh my, I must of fumbled five or six times in one game.

Overall, it's a solid game from an indie company. I am happy with my purchase.

ohio_bobcat_06 09-26-2020 12:13 PM

Re: My impression of this game so far.

This game feels a lot more polished than last year’s version. I know there’s still a lot of things to work out and that you guys only have so much money to work with.

For me personally is the immersion factor. If someone were doing some play by play I think that would help add to the experience. Maybe have Ryan Moody and the guy from MGN sports I think is the company, doing a radio broadcast during games or something.

I realize you guys don’t have your game where you want, but keep it up.

seanjohnnyc 09-26-2020 01:28 PM

Is there a playable broadcast camera?

Spear 09-26-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc (Post 2050222695)
Is there a playable broadcast camera?

There isn't - will look into this though.

seanjohnnyc 09-26-2020 03:13 PM

Unless theres a playable broadcast camera. I wont be purchasing. I seriously dont get how people play football with the vertical camera. Developer, i hope you patch in a user defined broadcast custom camera.

thescoop 09-26-2020 03:34 PM

A much improved version straight out the gate. I am looking forward to seeing where this game ends after a few more patches. Last year, while I don’t regret the purchase, I only played it a few times. But this year I see my investment in this independent developer last year was a wise one.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

jahswill 09-26-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc (Post 2050222777)
Unless theres a playable broadcast camera. I wont be purchasing. I seriously dont get how people play football with the vertical camera. Developer, i hope you patch in a user defined broadcast custom camera.

Because some people like the perspective of being on the field. Opposed to the watching TV perspective.

thescoop 09-26-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohio_bobcat_06 (Post 2050222624)
This game feels a lot more polished than last year’s version. I know there’s still a lot of things to work out and that you guys only have so much money to work with.

For me personally is the immersion factor. If someone were doing some play by play I think that would help add to the experience. Maybe have Ryan Moody and the guy from MGN sports I think is the company, doing a radio broadcast during games or something.

I realize you guys don’t have your game where you want, but keep it up.

I’m still available to do play-by-play. I have play-by-play experience too! Just throwing it out there, Spear... lol

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports