Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Coach Contract Issues (/forums/showthread.php?t=976641)

Bisquiteen Trisket 09-28-2020 02:03 PM

Coach Contract Issues

Using the Editor, I have run into a bit of a snag. I attempted to overwrite the coaches after coaching carousel in dynasty to make them current. After doing so, I'm seeing alot of duplicates in the job security tab. I sim to the following season and then there are entire teams and players missing. Anybody have a clue as to what's going on there?

GAMEBREAKER85 10-04-2020 06:58 PM

Re: Coach Contract Issues

Yea you screwed up the coaching changes. It took me a while to figure out the process but there are about 3 tabs worth of changes that need to made for contracts to be 100% correct.

Bisquiteen Trisket 10-06-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85 (Post 2050229677)
Yea you screwed up the coaching changes. It took me a while to figure out the process but there are about 3 tabs worth of changes that need to made for contracts to be 100% correct.

Bummer, care to offer any insight on which tabs need to be changed and when?

GAMEBREAKER85 11-11-2020 07:48 PM

Coach Unknown Tab:
CFRE - needs changed to 1-6 pending on where the coach came from; 0 means resigned or nothing changed, 1 means the guy got fired, 2 means an assistant coach took a new job, 3 means an assistant took a head job, 4 means a guy retired, 5 means an assistant took an assistant job elsewhere, 6 means an HC extended his contract. *Also the coach's team needs changed to his new one. I think I got those numbers correct, I have them written down in a notebook somewhere.

Coach Name ID:
Needs changed to correlate to any new contract whether signed with a new team or an extension with his current team.

Under the Unknowns tab: CONT (contract tab)
This is where you see the new contract number under Coach Name ID. If you want to hire a different coach simply select the coach in Coach ID. The CCIE tab a "1" means the contract is not signed or doesn't exist. 0 means it is signed and sealed.

Not doing exactly what is needed in all these will lead to a cluster f... down the road! Complete chaos. The best time to do this is at the end of the Coach Carousel or During the Players Leaving Segment.

JHamilton9 11-12-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85 (Post 2050258714)
Coach Unknown Tab:
CFRE - needs changed to 1-6 pending on where the coach came from; 0 means re-signed or nothing changed, 1 means the guy got fired, 2 means an assistant coach took a new job, 3 means an assistant took a head job, 4 means a guy retired, 5 means an assistant took an assistant job elsewhere, 6 means an HC extended his contract. *Also the coach's team needs changed to his new one. I think I got those numbers correct, I have them written down in a notebook somewhere.

Fixed it for you. Not having the hyphen means something completely different. :waytogo:

speedy43 11-12-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHamilton9 (Post 2050258924)
Fixed it for you. Not having the hyphen means something completely different. :waytogo:

Haha, the amount of times I see this is astounding. They are literal opposites.

GAMEBREAKER85 11-24-2020 06:52 PM

Yea, good catch.