Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=687)
-   -   Franchise questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=977226)

tinpanalley 10-10-2020 08:07 PM

Franchise questions

In Franchise mode, with full control of all teams
1. Is there any way to simulate a game individually?

2. Can you simulate games scheduled before or during one you want to play so that the ticker and halftime show actually go to real scores rather than 0-0 all the time?

In The Show if you simulate the game before and during yours they happen in real time in the ticker. Actually come to think of it, even in 2K5 they did too.

coach422001 10-11-2020 09:15 AM

Re: Franchise questions

If you control all teams, go to play game of the game you want to simulate, then as you go to the kick off play, hit escape to get to the menu. Go to supersim, and go to advance to and select end of game. Keep the sim speed fast. It will go through play by play in about 3 minutes to sim the game (I usually watch the TV over the computer screen to avoid seeing the score then exit game when done.

I don't play any game as a coach or controlling players, but what I've seen when I start a game that occurs after a game has been simmed or is happening at the same time is the ticker showing the scores as they finished or at 0-0 at the start. I believe I've seen when I did grab control the game scores in the ticker reasonably close in time (if I played 10 minute quarters I was well ahead of the pace of the other games).

Try the first thing to see if that works then give the second a try with a game completed. I can't tell about M21 (assume it works as it did for M20) and M20's halftime around the country ticker was pathetic, but try to see if you get the ticker like the Show does. I do the same on the Show, sim other games look away so i don't see the scores, then play the game I want with the ticker running nicely below.

tinpanalley 10-11-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach422001 (Post 2050235457)
If you control all teams, go to play game of the game you want to simulate, then as you go to the kick off play, hit escape to get to the menu. Go to supersim, and go to advance to and select end of game. Keep the sim speed fast. It will go through play by play in about 3 minutes to sim the game (I usually watch the TV over the computer screen to avoid seeing the score then exit game when done.

Geez, so if there's 10 games to sim, that's half and hour I'm spending simulating!... that's nuts.
Quote:

the ticker showing the scores as they finished or at 0-0 at the start. I believe I've seen when I did grab control the game scores in the ticker reasonably close in time (if I played 10 minute quarters I was well ahead of the pace of the other games).

Ok, well that's at least encouraging.
Quote:

Try the first thing to see if that works then give the second a try with a game completed.

Sorry, what's the second thing, you only said one...

Quote:

I can't tell about M21 (assume it works as it did for M20) and M20's halftime around the country ticker was pathetic, but try to see if you get the ticker like the Show does.

Well right now it's 0-0 each game and then the last one is my team against itself 0-0?? Ridiculous that 2K5 even gave you a freakin halftime show with stats, and scores around the league!! AND then a post game show!! Honestly though, I've been trying out Madden 20 with mods for the past couple of weeks. It can be fun. But like NHL20, it's just... dead. It's boring. I'm liking it but with silly things like the halftime show and the constantly intrusive point collecting crap, I may just give up with it.

coach422001 10-11-2020 05:33 PM

Well, I tried to answer your questions. I don't know why the game shows things the way they do 15 years after NFL2K had it right.

tinpanalley 10-11-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach422001 (Post 2050235699)
Well, I tried to answer your questions. I don't know why the game shows things the way they do 15 years after NFL2K had it right.

Oh, not knocking your help, man. I appreciate it. It was nothing against you.