Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Presentation - Patch Notes (/forums/showthread.php?t=977443)

kpeercy 10-16-2020 05:32 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Prese

The patch made the CPU offense unstoppable on AM. I had some really good, competitive sliders for AM and was 3-3 on the season pre-patch. After the patch, I've twice played the 1st half of Week 7 and get unmercifully shredded by the Eagles. Back to the drawing board.

JoshC1977 10-16-2020 08:33 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Prese

I was about to throw things last night when I first plugged in the patch. Default AP looked ok but once I threw in my slider setup, it was wonky as all get out. QB targets made zero sense (like...completely out of sync), RBs were acting bizarro, and it was just a total mess.

Deleted the game (left my profile and other saves alone)....then I reinstalled it. And MUCH better (it was stable anyways). Too early to tell about if this is a good/bad patch; but fingers crossed. But I will say that after reinstalling, this patch, combined with my setup, the CPU QBs looked a lot better.

tyler28 10-16-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050239674)
I was about to throw things last night when I first plugged in the patch. Default AP looked ok but once I threw in my slider setup, it was wonky as all get out. QB targets made zero sense (like...completely out of sync), RBs were acting bizarro, and it was just a total mess.

Deleted the game (left my profile and other saves alone)....then I reinstalled it. And MUCH better (it was stable anyways). Too early to tell about if this is a good/bad patch; but fingers crossed. But I will say that after reinstalling, this patch, combined with my setup, the CPU QBs looked a lot better.

I saw the RB issue. Running zig zag. They run anywhere but straight ahead. Even with an open lane. Its like they run towards or get sucked into an animation and its pulling them like a magnet across the field. Very strange.

However, i have seen that before this patch

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Darth Aegis 10-16-2020 09:32 AM

One of the big reasons I've put Madden 21 down until it's able to be modded. The brainless zig zagging by RB's. Playing a modded version of M20 were the modding community fixed this issue. It's glorious seeing cpu runners run forward without all that nonsense. Yet EA still doesn't fix this in M21.

edaddy 10-16-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050239674)

Hey man I fired it up last night and did what you did as well..But to be honest this is a good patch ...I call it like I see it and the gameplay is back to being balanced , the tackling is back to how it was ootb and the coverage and interactions are back as well...I also noticed that they changed the fatigue to get tired quicker and I am assuming penalties are back in the game specifically holding due to the new DL buff I'm pleased at this point to the point I'm turning the internet off on my console...Another thing that effects the zig zag run and foot planting iN general is speed threshold. In my experience the lowered the threshold the more zig zag crazy movement you will see. I put mine at 75 and it smoothes everything out and keeps the game closer and competitive and I'm on All Madden slightly adjusted sliders by the way...I know your a slider Guru so just wanted to chime in..If someone is good with EA please tell them to keep gameplay where it is..Out!!! I am disappointed with other aspects of the game but gameplay is better than previous versions IMO well worth a 25 used purchase..

RogueHominid 10-16-2020 10:12 AM

I think they did a good job with this one.

I did a full re-install myself and fired up my existing AM settings. Ran like a dream.

I really like the increased AI pass rush; it was too easy for me on earlier versions to throw downfield vs. good pass rushing teams, and now that's not the case. This was a necessary and welcome change.

And after 2 franchise games, it doesn't appear that anything's broken or noticeably worse for the wear, which is also very welcome news.

Dagan 10-16-2020 10:29 AM

Good info. I had deleted/reinstalled and only downloaded 1.12 then kept playing while putting 1.13 on top of it and had no issues besides the audibles making the camera hang high glitch.

Are most of you guys deleting/reinstalling with every patch? I'm curious which patches aren't compatible with others or how many.

jfsolo 10-16-2020 10:32 AM

It's interesting, I read about issues on here, don't see it when I play, but feel strangely compelled to look for it in my games. I play some more games, run a hundred plays in practice but don't encounter these things. It is what it is.