Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Can’t trade for due to CPU over the cap in CFM (/forums/showthread.php?t=977609)

Dsabol715 10-19-2020 01:58 PM

Can’t trade for due to CPU over the cap in CFM

So yesterday I finished my season and enter the offseason. I go to the trading block and see the Eagles have TE Goedert there. I’m looking to upgrade my TE depth. The catch is I can’t trade for him because the Eagles are over the cap. Why can’t I? I’m helping them! Any way around this? I tried in free agency, preseason and now before week 1. Still the same message. Any suggestions?

JoshC1977 10-19-2020 03:11 PM

Re: Can’t trade for due to CPU over the cap in CFM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsabol715 (Post 2050242396)
So yesterday I finished my season and enter the offseason. I go to the trading block and see the Eagles have TE Goedert there. I’m looking to upgrade my TE depth. The catch is I can’t trade for him because the Eagles are over the cap. Why can’t I? I’m helping them! Any way around this? I tried in free agency, preseason and now before week 1. Still the same message. Any suggestions?

For offline CFMs, take control of their coach, cut players to get them under the cap, then retire the coach.

If you're in an online CFM, you're screwed.

Dsabol715 10-19-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050242438)
For offline CFMs, take control of their coach, cut players to get them under the cap, then retire the coach.

If you're in an online CFM, you're screwed.

Yeah it’s offline. Thanks for the advice! Never did that before but worked like a charm! Thanks!

patsfan1993 10-19-2020 08:58 PM

Just to add on to this in case someone else has this problem in an online cfm. Online you can just edit the contracts of the cpu team to get them cap space.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Grey_Osprey 10-19-2020 09:13 PM

You can also turn salary cap OFF. But be aware, you can't turn it back on once you turn it off.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app

oneamongthefence 10-19-2020 11:15 PM

I'm wondering if turning it off would help the CPU. They clearly struggle with it and it throws the competitive balance off since I can manage it much better. But then again it will routinely load up on positions that eat up so much salary cap especially at QB paying essentially 2 starters at that position.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk