Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Sticking with one CFM (/forums/showthread.php?t=977641)

Jay Cee 10-20-2020 09:41 AM

Sticking with one CFM

I fall into this trap every year. First I start with a team that has a new head coach for real, but those are generally bad teams and I get bored of not being competitive so then I do a fantasy draft league but get tired of that, then I do a CFM where I bring back the Oilers and move the Texans to Mexico City and so on and so on and so on. Now I’m thinking about taking over the Falcons and trying to salvage Matt Ryan’s career.

speedkills 10-20-2020 09:46 AM

Re: Sticking with one CFM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Cee (Post 2050242963)
I bring back the Oilers

Haha that's me. Every Madden for me it's the obligatory "Titans owner can't get a stadium deal done in Nashville" and her heart is really back in Houston where her dad started the whole thing so off they go. Those virtual Tennesseans must be getting fed up with it.

niftyjets 10-20-2020 09:47 AM

I am with you. I find myself often restarting my franchise multiple times. My buddy and I play an online franchise together. We always use the same teams. I end up making him restart multiple times because of rosters etc. But this year I am trying to stick it out and get over any OCDs. We can only do our best to control as much real life moves as possible. The computer is gonna do what it wants.

webbjay82 10-20-2020 11:33 AM

I always control my cowboys and bring them back to Glory. My favorite thing was back when you could create and import teams into franchise was to create two cupcake teams, one in the AFC and one in the NFC and try to build them up. I would watch the games when they played each other. they had a double OT in the Superbowl which I still remember.

JoshC1977 10-20-2020 12:22 PM

I had to do a couple of things to keep me out of the same rut.

1. I no longer use any updated rosters. I stick with the 75 man preseason roster all year. It helps that the EA roster updates are not designed for CFM.
2. No custom draft classes. Those really kill immersion for me. The game-generated classes are outstanding and vary widely so every franchise feels very different. I draft Trevor Lawrence number 1 overall....I know what I'm getting (probably a ridiculously overrated version with X-Factor). I draft Max Sheppard from Ohio State number 1 overall (game-generated class), I have no idea...hidden dev...no idea what it is. Not knowing...it adds a ton.

One other thing I did last year and am doing this year is streaming a large portion of my games. I have a few guys that watch and they kind of get into the storylines and even develop "rooting interests" for certain guys. We still talk about the fictional guys from my Miami franchise from LAST YEAR! Sharing the experience with others helps to keep me on-track and keeps it fun.

niftyjets 10-20-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050243057)
I had to do a couple of things to keep me out of the same rut.

1. I no longer use any updated rosters. I stick with the 75 man preseason roster all year. It helps that the EA roster updates are not designed for CFM.
2. No custom draft classes. Those really kill immersion for me. The game-generated classes are outstanding and vary widely so every franchise feels very different. I draft Trevor Lawrence number 1 overall....I know what I'm getting (probably a ridiculously overrated version with X-Factor). I draft Max Sheppard from Ohio State number 1 overall (game-generated class), I have no idea...hidden dev...no idea what it is. Not knowing...it adds a ton.

One other thing I did last year and am doing this year is streaming a large portion of my games. I have a few guys that watch and they kind of get into the storylines and even develop "rooting interests" for certain guys. We still talk about the fictional guys from my Miami franchise from LAST YEAR! Sharing the experience with others helps to keep me on-track and keeps it fun.

Those are great ideas. One thing we do is so we started this week with week 4 just to get as many psquad players as possible and then we will manually just edit the ratings for any rookies that might explode on the scene using EA's ratings.

kennylc321 10-20-2020 01:09 PM

I am kind of with you guys. This is the cycle I go through:

I get bored with the game so I go back to NFK 2k5 for about a week. Then after playing, I'm like "ugh but I just cannot handle graphics from a game that is three generations ago, so I play APF 2k8. Then I get frustrated because I cannot really do any roster moves, so it's NCAA 14. But we get back to the graphics issue, now I'm back at Madden.

SInce I put Madden away for about a month, I lost interest in the franchise mode that I was playing, so I start a new franchise. About three weeks later, I'm back at the NFL 2k5 cycle.