Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   AI qb pocket awareness (/forums/showthread.php?t=977701)

feeq14 10-21-2020 01:51 PM

AI qb pocket awareness

Does anyone have some work around for improving QB pocket awareness?

It feels like QBs take the worst sacks. It's not just that sometimes they take too many sacks, it's that the sacks they take are awful cause they will back pedal 10-15 yards from the LOS and then take the sack.

This happens on all madden and all pro.

Sportsfan28 10-21-2020 02:35 PM

Re: AI qb pocket awareness

Quote:

Originally Posted by feeq14 (Post 2050243850)
Does anyone have some work around for improving QB pocket awareness?

It feels like QBs take the worst sacks. It's not just that sometimes they take too many sacks, it's that the sacks they take are awful cause they will back pedal 10-15 yards from the LOS and then take the sack.

This happens on all madden and all pro.

Go check out the slider section. There isn’t a complete fix any where but there are sliders that improve the QB awareness in the pocket. I recommend Matt10 set.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Jagsfan24 10-21-2020 03:14 PM

This has been an issue even from last years madden. You can kinda fix this with qbs who can scramble, it’s doing trait edits really. But for pocket passers (like Brady or Brees) yeah good luck. I sacked Brady 5 times cause he kept backing up and didn’t throw the ball away

feeq14 10-21-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan28 (Post 2050243886)
Go check out the slider section. There isn’t a complete fix any where but there are sliders that improve the QB awareness in the pocket. I recommend Matt10 set.

Those sliders do not exist

jprasch 10-22-2020 11:13 AM

I hate the lack of awareness by QB's in the pocket. The only help I have found is to raise fatigue to 58-60. Also to keep speed threshold at 50 or above. Don't raise offsides much higher than 55-56. With these helps I see reasonable sacks, see pressure resulting in bad throws, QB knockdowns, some batted balls at the line of scrimmage. Completions do go up so I also raise pass coverage and pass reaction time to 52 each. INTs at 30. QB accuracy and WR catch at 47 to keep pass completions reasonable. For some dumb reason getting good QB play often means slowing down the game which has an ill effect on the running game. EA needs to revamp their sliders.

Qcsports4 10-22-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprasch (Post 2050244487)
I hate the lack of awareness by QB's in the pocket. The only help I have found is to raise fatigue to 58-60. Also to keep speed threshold at 50 or above. Don't raise offsides much higher than 55-56. With these helps I see reasonable sacks, see pressure resulting in bad throws, QB knockdowns, some batted balls at the line of scrimmage. Completions do go up so I also raise pass coverage and pass reaction time to 52 each. INTs at 30. QB accuracy and WR catch at 47 to keep pass completions reasonable. For some dumb reason getting good QB play often means slowing down the game which has an ill effect on the running game. EA needs to revamp their sliders.

Are these slider settings out of the box or after the latest patch?

ShaneTheMaster 10-23-2020 09:26 AM

Only modding the game would improve this for pocket passers, and even that has a limitation.

WeAreAllKings 10-23-2020 12:45 PM

I decided to stop messing with sliders and experimented with player traits. I changed my QBs to the following....

Throw Ball Away - Yes
Senses Pressure - Average
Forces Passes - Ideal
QB Style - Balances (if not already listed as scrambling)

The kicker here is to change your offensive linemen’s traits to match your QB’s. I know it sounds crazy, but it works for the most part. It tunes down the sack totals and limits the amount of times the QB back pedals. It’s not a cure all, but it has worked for me. BTW....my play style is CPU vs CPU.