Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   MXGP 2020 Gameplay Video - Release Date Set For December 10 (/forums/showthread.php?t=977780)

Steve_OS 10-22-2020 09:31 PM

MXGP 2020 Gameplay Video - Release Date Set For December 10

Milestone has released their first official gameplay footage of MXGP 2020. In MXGP 2020 players can...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

JMD 10-23-2020 05:37 AM

Re: MXGP 2020 Gameplay Video - Release Date Set For December 10

These games are good but I get the feeling they have reached their peak. While 2020 looks like a slight improvement the continuing lack of a realistic breaking down of the track over time (terrain deformation) makes one curious why they haven't added this to the game yet.

If you have ever watched an MXGP or Pro Motocross race you see the ruts that form on the track. These get so deep sometimes the riders foot pegs drag. This definitely makes line choice very important and would add a new level of difficulty and challenge to the races.

I mean THQ Nordic bought milestone. THQ's MX Reflex game had very good terrain deformation so why can't Milestone use THQ's knowledge and add that to the game? It's puzzling.

On the positive side this is huge:

To expand limitless the game longevity, the Track Editor is back with some great features added in. Thanks to the new Heightmaps feature, players can replicate the real MX tracks configurations, often built on hills and mountains, adding realism and all the challenges that real riders face during races.

If this works as I hope it will for the first time since Motocross Madness 2 we will be able to create realistic replica's of real life tracks. It would be nice to have the Luca Oil Pro Motocross tracks created for the game. This feature could be huge if done correctly.

Glen Helen , Loretta Lynn's , Southwick , Redbud , Spring Creek, Unadilla, you get the picture......

misterkrabz2 10-26-2020 02:16 PM

As a lifelong fan of Motocross games, I've bought most of them over the years...MXGP, Monster Energy Supercross, MX v. ATV, etc....I sort of agree with your premise, I also think they've reached a peak. I enjoy all the games but the play cycle is the same for all of them, I play them, appreciate the changes, work on some challenges then reach a point where I never play them again...for what ever reason. I don't really see anything that is pulling me to buy a new version of their games...I didn't even buy Supercross 3, and that series may be my favorite. These games really need to expand on the multiplayer/competitive aspect with better online play, better matchmaking, better rewards systems, etc...the unpredictability of human opponents is much more appealing than racing AI over and over again....it's the same concept for online shooters....I'd never play Call of Duty for example if all it was a game against bots. If the racing games are going to grow their player base and keep people engaged with their games, they're gonna have to find a way to grow the online community and give people a reason to play online. And from my perspective, none of these Motocross games does a good job of this which is why they grow stale quickly. It's like their online/competitive component is tens years behind industry standard.*

JMD 10-27-2020 06:49 AM

Re: MXGP 2020 Gameplay Video - Release Date Set For December 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterkrabz2 (Post 2050247417)
As a lifelong fan of Motocross games, I've bought most of them over the years...MXGP, Monster Energy Supercross, MX v. ATV, etc....I sort of agree with your premise, I also think they've reached a peak. I enjoy all the games but the play cycle is the same for all of them, I play them, appreciate the changes, work on some challenges then reach a point where I never play them again...for what ever reason. I don't really see anything that is pulling me to buy a new version of their games...I didn't even buy Supercross 3, and that series may be my favorite. These games really need to expand on the multiplayer/competitive aspect with better online play, better matchmaking, better rewards systems, etc...the unpredictability of human opponents is much more appealing than racing AI over and over again....it's the same concept for online shooters....I'd never play Call of Duty for example if all it was a game against bots. If the racing games are going to grow their player base and keep people engaged with their games, they're gonna have to find a way to grow the online community and give people a reason to play online. And from my perspective, none of these Motocross games does a good job of this which is why they grow stale quickly. It's like their online/competitive component is tens years behind industry standard.*

If you see Supercross 3 on sale sometime grab it, it really is a big improvement over 2. Has a great feel to it.