Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Can I refuse the patch if I get the disk version of the game??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=977814)

onlybygrace 10-23-2020 04:31 PM

Can I refuse the patch if I get the disk version of the game???

I want so badly to get this game, but the news of the elimination of neutral zone pressure has seriously wrecked my enthusiasm.

I havent purchased a disk version of this game in years—is it possible to avoid/reject the patch with the disk version of NHL 21.

Christ, please say you can. 😂

Funkycorm 10-23-2020 05:16 PM

Re: Can I refuse the patch if I get the disk version of the game???

Yes you can play disc version without patches.

Won't get the updated rosters though because you won't be connected to the internet.

You have to turn off automatic updates on your system and make sure you set your system to disconnect while in rest mode.

Literally as soon as you start the update pause it and you are good.

The EVHL 10-23-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlybygrace (Post 2050245481)
I want so badly to get this game, but the news of the elimination of neutral zone pressure has seriously wrecked my enthusiasm.

I havent purchased a disk version of this game in years—is it possible to avoid/reject the patch with the disk version of NHL 21.

Christ, please say you can. 😂

I'm going to test tonight again, could've been placebo, could've been speed glitching, but I was just cruising through the neutral zone (fast, slow, didn't matter) and it wasn't necessarily that the defenders weren't stepping at the blueline, it was that the forwards were not applying back pressure which made me never have to dump like pre-patch. I could just turn around and reset with ease.

onlybygrace 10-23-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x (Post 2050245539)
I'm going to test tonight again, could've been placebo, could've been speed glitching, but I was just cruising through the neutral zone (fast, slow, didn't matter) and it wasn't necessarily that the defenders weren't stepping at the blueline, it was that the forwards were not applying back pressure which made me never have to dump like pre-patch. I could just turn around and reset with ease.

I see.

Is it possible to get the hard disk, get the roster update, and still reject the patch I wonder?

I dont think so. Guess ill have to just do some roster work myself maybe lol

Funkycorm 10-24-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlybygrace (Post 2050245566)
I see.

Is it possible to get the hard disk, get the roster update, and still reject the patch I wonder?

I dont think so. Guess ill have to just do some roster work myself maybe lol

I think you technically could as long as you loaded the roster back up after downloading it as a custom roster.

So download roster, uninstall game, then reinstall game without patches then load custom roster