Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Intense D and Boxout assistance (/forums/showthread.php?t=977926)

iaxy 10-26-2020 09:21 AM

Intense D and Boxout assistance

What do these two parameters actually do in terms of mechanics and animations?

Do people use them at 0 or 100%

jk31 10-26-2020 10:22 AM

Re: Intense D and Boxout assistance

Intense D assist: The AI will assist you in moving the player on Defense while you are pressing the intense D button (LT). "best case" is that you can stay in front of ballhandlers easier, "worst case" is that you want to go in one direction and the AI wants to go in the other direction making your movements very "sticky".

boxout assistance: the AI will help you position yourself for the rebound.

I have both set to off as I like to have as much control over my movement as possible. Also it's forbidden to use AI assitance in our league. Want to see who is the better defender and not who can use the AI defense better, right?

iaxy 10-26-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk31 (Post 2050247262)
Intense D assist: The AI will assist you in moving the player on Defense while you are pressing the intense D button (LT). "best case" is that you can stay in front of ballhandlers easier, "worst case" is that you want to go in one direction and the AI wants to go in the other direction making your movements very "sticky".

boxout assistance: the AI will help you position yourself for the rebound.

I have both set to off as I like to have as much control over my movement as possible. Also it's forbidden to use AI assitance in our league. Want to see who is the better defender and not who can use the AI defense better, right?

Thanks. I must admit I do find it easier but not excessively so with Boxout at 100%. Otherwise I am getting absolutely killed by the likes of Antetecoumpo - it's not even a contest.

jk31 10-27-2020 08:08 AM

Do you try to position yourself correctly and then use LT to boxout manually?

iaxy 10-27-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk31 (Post 2050247792)
Do you try to position yourself correctly and then use LT to boxout manually?

Do you mean on the defensive rebounds?

I don’t usually control my big defenders under the basket and let the AI handle the defensive rebounds for me.

Typically I control the PG so try to guard the CPU’s PG with a combination of LT, RT and pro stick.

howardphillips214 10-27-2020 01:24 PM

Mine always set to 0 as well.