Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Anyone know why/how when I play online my opponents force my defense to flip/shift? (/forums/showthread.php?t=977964)

Kaanyr Vhok 10-27-2020 04:34 AM

Anyone know why/how when I play online my opponents force my defense to flip/shift?

It seems to happen when I set my matchups to rout running. It doesn't matter if I'm playing zone or man. This is very annoying. If this is a know issue that they devs are working on then I won't take the time to upload examples. Its almost a game killer online. Defense is hard enough without giving the offense the ability to mess you up.

GridironGreat 10-27-2020 08:34 AM

Re: Anyone know why/how when I play online my opponents force my defense to flip/shif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok (Post 2050247750)
It seems to happen when I set my matchups to rout running. It doesn't matter if I'm playing zone or man. This is very annoying. If this is a know issue that they devs are working on then I won't take the time to upload examples. Its almost a game killer online. Defense is hard enough without giving the offense the ability to mess you up.

Do you have auto flip on? It’s on by default.

Kaanyr Vhok 10-27-2020 02:56 PM

Re: Anyone know why/how when I play online my opponents force my defense to flip/shif

Nah I almost never use auto flip.

Kaanyr Vhok 11-20-2020 09:02 AM

<iframe width="1405" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eOyKcY0TPEo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You might have to go in full screen to really see it. The embed is weird.
The only thing I'm doing is setting my matchups to rout running. There is no reason for CBs to move around like this. This happens in both man and zone. The last part of the video is a CB who is backed up getting beat in a deep blue. That shouldn't happen to any CB against any WR. A base aligned deep blue already gives a big cushion. I had that plus I backed them up. I don't care if the speed disadvantage is 85 to 99 with Mahomes they should not get beat like that.

Kaanyr Vhok 11-28-2020 06:27 AM

Bump. You might have to double tap the video to see it in full screen. This is not fixed. It seems like motion causes 'rout running' to default to balanced so defenders run to guard another someone else which causes them to move out of position.

GridironGreat 11-28-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok (Post 2050266204)
<iframe width="1405" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eOyKcY0TPEo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only thing I'm doing is setting my matchups to rout running. There is no reason for CBs to move around like this. This happens in both man and zone. The last part of the video is a CB who is backed up getting beat in a deep blue. That shouldn't happen to any CB against any WR. A base aligned deep blue already gives a big cushion. I had that plus I backed them up. I don't care if the speed disadvantage is 85 to 99 with Mahomes they should not get beat like that.

Then you are sadly wrong. If the wr has a significant speed advantage, AND the AB has time, that DV will get beat. 1+1 always equals 2.

bigdnlaca 11-28-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok (Post 2050266204)

In your last sentence, it does happen. We just don’t see it much but it makes the QB throw short for an open completion if he wants it.

But the WR does have an advantage when given space because no one is jamming him. A player running full speed against a cb that is backpedaling then try to accelerate once he realize it is a go route.

A great example is the Irvin catch against sf in the 94 championship game and he wasn’t a fast runner compared to other wr. He just ran straight ahead and scored a td on a long pass while his defender gave him 10 yards of space.

Kaanyr Vhok 11-29-2020 04:41 PM

^^ You guys realize what you are saying? If I can run a deep blue that already starts off with an 8 yard cushion back them up another 6.5 yards and still get beat deep consistently that is a problem. I could see if deep blues had underneath AI and they ran a dbl move that would be different but to consistently blow by someone with an 15 yard cushion, above average awareness/speed and a technique that isn't supposed to allow anything deep is not realistic and overrates speed. It also makes defense a pain to play when you can't even run a Cover 3 against the Chiefs with a 15 yards cushion.

Also that Michael Irving TD had a subtle dbl move that Davis bit on. It wasn't a pure race.
https://youtu.be/xhDZgj3tOLQ?t=194

This is what I mean about being ok with this if there is underneath logic on a deep blue. To my understanding there is no underneath or over the top adjustments for deep blues so the default deep blue should not bite on dbl moves and should stay on top of go patterns especially when you back them up.

Oh and let me make it clear. The CB getting beat deep with a 15 yard cushion is a totally different issue what I'm seeing in the early clips with guys moving out of coverage. Both still need to get fixed.