Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Plenty of Details Coming Soon (/forums/showthread.php?t=977969)

PhillyPhanatic14 10-27-2020 09:14 AM

FIFA 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Plenty of Details Coming Soon

After weeks of silence, EA Sports finally made it official today. The next-gen version of FIFA...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

iaxy 10-27-2020 06:07 PM

Re: FIFA 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Plenty of D

Graphics an player models in madden look so much better than FIFA

BSDShoes 10-27-2020 07:51 PM

Re: FIFA 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Plenty of D

That FIFA part in the video looked a lot like FIFA 19, wouldn't surprise me since that's EA... king of recycilng.

jrnlgrn 10-27-2020 08:38 PM

The only "gameplay" footage is still from the stupid "trailer" that dropped in June. The next gen game is going to look barely better than it currently does. At best they actual correct the saturation. Especially the pitch which looks greyish green.

Player animations are nice add but what about an actual physics engine to dictate player collisions and ball movement. A sports game needs physics involved in can't be all animation based this isn't a street fighter game where we should be having to time animations to get the proper outcome.

Off-ball humanization is a joke because that means having CPU controlled teammates making decisions which the FUT crowd don't want because "skill gap". Also blazing fast load times and lighting shouldn't be your major selling points as that's not exclusive to FIFA or anything EA has created but a product of new hardware developed by Sony/Microsoft.

SVCbearcat10 10-27-2020 10:31 PM

I hope next gen is available for an EA Play trial.*

pistonica 11-23-2020 08:27 AM

Question because this wasn't answered yet.

I have a PS5. If i install now FIFA 21 on it it will install the PS4 version, because the PS5 version will arrive on 4th December.

Will this PS5 version uptade the PS4 version on my PS5? I mean, can i start a career mode and when the PS5 version arrives will i be able to continue it? Or
it is a completely different game and I will have to start over? Does somone know for sure?

Thanks !

Qb 11-23-2020 08:51 AM

99% sure career modes will not cross over in FIFA. Madden specified that they will (along with MUT and the Yard progress) while FIFA listed only FUT and Volta. Perhaps we'll get more details tomorrow.

krtgolfing 11-23-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistonica (Post 2050268601)
Question because this wasn't answered yet.

I have a PS5. If i install now FIFA 21 on it it will install the PS4 version, because the PS5 version will arrive on 4th December.

Will this PS5 version uptade the PS4 version on my PS5? I mean, can i start a career mode and when the PS5 version arrives will i be able to continue it? Or
it is a completely different game and I will have to start over? Does somone know for sure?

Thanks !

For watch Dogs Legion it installed the PS4 version. I was then able to get the PS5 version downloaded. I then went back and deleted the PS4 version.