Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   How do you guys run your team (/forums/showthread.php?t=978033)

niftyjets 10-28-2020 09:25 AM

How do you guys run your team

I play as the Jets and really am considering running a generic offensive and defensive playbook so the team feels more like mine. Do you guys switch players positions and to your own schemes to what you would do? We try and keep our franchise realisitc as possible which is why i am hesitating

Opinions?

NYJin2011tm 10-28-2020 09:50 AM

Re: How do you guys run your team

I run my Jets into the ground like real life 🤨.

Seriously tho I use multiple zone run(balanced O) on offense and I think it’s 4-3 Under(What used to be Multiple D) on defense. It has 4-3 and 3-4 in it.

I’m a pound the football with the run and short passes with the occasional play action deep pass kind of guy.

speedkills 10-28-2020 10:05 AM

With an iron fist.

niftyjets 10-28-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2050248873)
With an iron fist.

You run your team your way? Make any changes you want? Position switches? Schemes? Playbooks?

webbjay82 10-28-2020 10:52 AM

I always try to bring my Cowboys to the promise land. I usually change their playbook because the Cowboys playbook is boring to me. In madden 20 I'm using Carolina's playbook on offense and NE on defense. I move people to different positions if I think it will be a better fit, but I try to make moves that I feel would be believable. I'll get rid of aging veterans if their contract warrants it, but I'm not going to trade people like Zeke or Dlaw due to the real life cap issues it would cause, plus I honestly don't think in real life they would have much trade value.

Whenever I pick up madden 21, I will probably Fire McCarthy and change the defense to a 3-4 and try to rebuild the defense.

niftyjets 10-28-2020 11:31 AM

What I really want to do is move Becton from LT to RT. Even though in real life hes a stud LT hes so big to me hes the perfect RT. Especially cause I mostly like to run right.

JoshC1977 10-28-2020 11:34 AM

I run it however I want to. Isn't that the point of playing a Role Playing Game?

You want to move a 6'1" 225 lb OLB to DE? Go for it - you'll regret it...but go for it. You want to run a vertical power scheme with a Run N Shoot playbook? Go for it - you'll regret it...but go for it. You want to run an option offense with Tiny Tom at QB...go for it.

Ratings/schemes/playbooks/practice focus all jive and influence how games play out. It's up to you as the coach to make the decisions (for better or worse). THAT is the entire point of an RPG!

RogueHominid 10-28-2020 11:58 AM

I like to consider the moment I start my franchise as my departure point from external reality. After that, everything that happens in my franchise is "realistic" in the sense that it takes place in the world of my franchise.

Depending on your preferences, you can keep your default coach or create a new one--I like the latter option because a new character doesn't come with any baggage in the form of allegiance to previous regimes, players, schemes, etc.

From there, like Josh said, it's about you doing whatever it takes to win games and hopefully contend for a championship. If that means moving guys into new positions or roles, or if that means changing your playbooks and schemes to maximize your roster talent, so be it--that's your job as de facto head coach and GM in Madden franchise mode.

The victories and the losses on personnel and in games will be yours to own, which makes it lots of fun.