Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=687)
-   -   M20 random crash with GTX 1060 6GB GPU (/forums/showthread.php?t=978064)

Huskereurocat 10-28-2020 10:07 PM

M20 random crash with GTX 1060 6GB GPU

1 Attachment(s)
I've been having an issue where the game crashes, shows a Direct X error and then shuts down. I have updated the graphics driver as directed to in the error text, but still have the issue. I have to restart maybe 2-3 times to get through an entire game. Is anyone else having this issue? I was wondering if I should go back to an earlier version of the driver. Trouble is I can't recall the last working version since this has been happening for a few updates now. :34:

Thoughts?

reverend_heat 10-28-2020 10:14 PM

Re: M20 random crash with GTX 1060 6GB GPU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskereurocat (Post 2050249393)
I've been having an issue where the game crashes, shows a Direct X error and then shuts down. I have updated the graphics driver as directed to in the error text, but still have the issue. I have to restart maybe 2-3 times to get through an entire game. Is anyone else having this issue? I was wondering if I should go back to an earlier version of the driver. Trouble is I can't recall the last working version since this has been happening for a few updates now. :34:

Thoughts?

Had this issue a million times with my 2080ti, sold it and got a RTX 3080 and it hasnt happened since. What I used to do was go into Nvidia control panel, click help, and then click on debug mode, then minimize control panel so it is running in the background. My card was factory overclocked, this brought the card down to normal clock speed. If you are overclocking your gpu that is why its prob happening. This issue used to drive me insane I know how frustrating it is.

Huskereurocat 10-29-2020 01:38 AM

Outstanding!! I've played two games with the stock settings on the GPU and no crashes. :y1:
This was bittersweet news at first, but understandable. Bitter in that I was concerned that I would lose some quality in the OBS recordings due to not overclocking my GPU. Come to find out that the advances that OBS has made since I last reworked the settings has made up the difference. For the here and now I won't need to upgrade my GPU, but I foresee that I'll be doing so probably after the first of the year.

Thanks so much for the insight!!!!

segarr 11-05-2020 04:59 PM

Aaah the good ol' GTX 1060. I've since upgraded but that will go down as a classic GPU. Quite affordable and runs just about every Gen 8 game at at least at 1080P 60FPS. The 6GB of VRAM was very generous for the time of its release too